Collecting parts for 1100EFE

tomtom66

Hello All,

Since I am stuck at home due to a Back injury I am trying to get some parts for my 1100EFE.

Im am looking in to buy a  complete RF900 Schwingarm since it is supposed to be a direct swap for a bandit one and they look great on an EFE. What shock link arm ,dogbones and rear shock would be advised or what do most use with their EFE. I will get the welding done by someone who knows how to .. so am looking for a clean setup. 

Been reading lots about swapping the carbs to.. this I would like to do as well since I love the setup with k&n dualpodfilters. If I am not mistaken the best one to use is 38 mm and not the 36 mm one . This one is also the easiest to set up and a nice increase of power...Please correct me if I am wrong.

Something completely different..:D came across a 80ties Gxs 750 Dualshock and roundtube frame..are all these frames the same ? and the same as the 1100 frames? 

I have lots of parts for the 1100  a straight swap would be perfect..if not I'll just leaf it.

Many thanks

Edited by tomtom66
Forgot something

I like your Ferris Buhler spelling of Schwing.    The real experts will be along to skool you on schwingarm conversions. 

95% of experts will tell you 38mm is too big for a GS1100 that isn't heavily modified.  I have 38mm on mine but it has quite of bit of work done to it.  36mm is even a little big but certainly an upgrade.  

Back in my "proper" aircooled days.. i ran mikuni rs36 carbs on a stock EFE engine  but with dialed in stock cams. Think it was set at 110 / 110°

It was very good combo .. lots of grins.

Downside: The action range was reduced to 160km .

Before that it had bandit 1200 carbs which was a sensible option. 240km between fuel stops .

4 hours ago, Isleoman said:

I like your Ferris Buhler spelling of Schwing.    The real experts will be along to skool you on schwingarm conversions. 

95% of experts will tell you 38mm is too big for a GS1100 that isn't heavily modified.  I have 38mm on mine but it has quite of bit of work done to it.  36mm is even a little big but certainly an upgrade.  

mmmh... this is 1135cc vs 1157cc.

I can't remember what i did ( this was done 2008 ) it did not leave a big impression xD

I did use it with 4 single pod K&N filters hidden behind the EFE side panels... and a Sebring flat collector with a curly wurly custom link pipe hidden in the R1 swingarm to a Micron GP style - hydroformed - exhaust for a R6 

O.o 2008 is a while ago.. can't remember what I did back then.

I will just see what I can find, and try is out. 

I already have a nice stainless steel one waiting in the shed, its an hand made one for a gsx1100e .It should fit.

Got a swingarm coming my way now I just need a rear shock and to find someone who can weld it in place. But I got some time to kill.