My armchair kicked me off!!!!!

Lachie04

Did similar damage to my old gsxr711 after I hit a badger at 70mph at 1 o'clock in the morning. 

Was in the middle of no where , no phone signal, no lighting and  no verge to park the bike safely.  I Foredthe bike up to see other was enough oil still in it to get oil pressure light went out and I rode it 2 miles to a service station. 

New start sprag cover and fresh oil and she was right as rain.

• Like 1

Did the same last year.  First I had to clean a lot of sand and gravel and crap out of the sump. And I removed, disassembled and cleaned the starter clutch since it would not engage anymore.

Then as Dunc said new cover, new gasket, new oil and filter. Been fine ever since.

B2F132BE-12F5-43C3-9457-23AE33810A8B.jpeg

Edited by Captain Chaos
early morning spelling
  • Like 1

If you're in the UK it's probably going to work out a whole lot cheaper in the long run not going through the insurance. As bluedog says, it'll probably be OK after a good clean and replacing the broken bits. I crashed one of my bikes at well over 100 mph many moons ago and the engine covers were far worse than that and that was an aircooled engine with the generator stuck on the end of the crank. It's run perfectly ever since.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

unless the other party is at fault of course.

Any injuries?

No injuries all good was a bit of an awkward low speed highside.

I have side stepped insurance before for the reasons above but just this one too much costs involved and damage to fairings etc  relocation (it's 300Klm away and got towed 60klm)

Was really wondering if insurance will baulk at the engine for some reason and if they do just replace the cover if there was anything of concern.

Oh well see how it goes

Cheers chaps

Edited by Lachie04
  • Like 1

Ok, if there is fairing damage and engine damage be prepared for them to write it off as uneconomical repair ! The parts bill - if you could get them! - would ensure that! Don't accept 1st or 2nd offers - get evidence to support a 'fair' valuation for yours 'pre accident' and ask what salvage price will be!

• Like 3