Gsx1100f engine, change to straight cut gears?

Tombola

I have had a google..

I would like to change the gsx1100f engine i have to straight cut gears out of the gsxr. 

Can someone talk me through what I’ll need to change?

ive had my F cases vapour blasted for paint, then I started reading about the side loads with helical gears and big power. I’d rather not buy another engine if that’s the case.

thanks!

Ok...

why are people so against the helical cut gears? I’ll add this was in relation to the F lumps 

reading up on it (some of which comes up from posts on here) I’ve heard of clutch’s coming through the side of the case etc 

but then this is the internet...

id rather not have to buy a crank, clutch basket if mine is fine to use 

Thanks 

Edited by Tombola

So know someone years ago who had a gsx1100f motor big bored 1216cc big cams etc etc + 100bhp N2O handled the hp ok till he hit the N2O then it went tits up each time, I think if I remember right it was running 250+ bhp rear wheel.

So I would think unless you're going crazy, there's not a problem with a F motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave said for me to stick with the f lump on mine. IHI bb turbo, 16psi and fingers crossed about 260bhp. Be it it's only done 1500 miles the oil in it looks new and no glittery business. Also have had some boost creep issues and seen 22psi a few times. Very much still in one piece

• Like 2