Katana left hand switchgear alternatives

BigLT

Looks like my LHS switchgear unit (lights etc) isn't working. I rebuilt one of these once before and my fat fingers made it a nightmare of fiddly pieces.

New ones are really expensive, and I can't see any second hand ones for sale - if you have some let me know.

I know that anything can be made to fit, but is there a 'plug and play' alternative unit from another bike I could use?

Thanks

Hi

I use from GSX 600f  GN72a , I do not remember, may be some cable must be  changed .

on right side  I have also from GSX 600f

on my bike , but the  light switch,  I remember that 3 rd  phase of generator is a bit tricky  , I used a relay

for switch this 3rd phase  if light is on ...

I Think also from other older Suzi models the switches can be used

cheers

Uli

Those single toggle switches are a nightmare. Replace with any GSXR type switch. These vary mainly in the plastic case due to having a handlebar mounted choke or not. The wiring is pretty self explantory, and working it all out and changing any terminals in the connector block doesn't exactly take Bletchley Park c.1943 type deductive brain powerO.o.

Edited by Dezza