Keyless ignition Q

slayer61

You can make your own for around 30 quid. A 12v remote receiver/switch, a relay and some wires, a waterproof box.  Press the button on Fob and ignition is on, press again ignition off. Job done. 

I wrote and article in Streetfighters many moons ago about building one. 

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

You can make your own for around 30 quid. A 12v remote receiver/switch, a relay and some wires, a waterproof box.  Press the button on Fob and ignition is on, press again ignition off. Job done. 

That's brilliant! I had no idea such things existed!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

F**k that's gonna confuse people who know Suzuki wiring colour codes! Blk / W is Suzi earth, but this goes to Bat + ! ! ! Scary if you get that one wrong! Personally i'd splice in correct colours to follow loom up to the remote device?

Them kinda people shouldn’t be messing with wiring, just like people who ask how to make jigs shouldn’t be making frames....

....pink wire is always the wheelie wire.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, vizman said:

Black box with the four terminals (under the orange perspex) comes with two fobs, buy them off Eblag for around 20 squids, 12v 40amp Chinese jobby...

..no lazy Eblag link, just use your noggin and type what you want into Eblag search bar.

6B863007-27CA-43C8-8B54-329DA34ED38E.jpeg

I get it. Use my Noggin. Not a fan of Eblag & not a fan of chinese shit. Japanese, fine, English, American, fine.  Stop pimping chinese Eblag junk.

3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

F**k that's gonna confuse people who know Suzuki wiring colour codes! Blk / W is Suzi earth, but this goes to Bat + ! ! ! Scary if you get that one wrong! Personally i'd splice in correct colours to follow loom up to the remote device?

I've been telling my co-workers for years 

Electricity doesn't give a rats ass what color the wire is

On 10/27/2020 at 5:02 PM, Wee Man said:

Do you have a link to the article?

2 hours ago, Fazz711 said:

Not all Chinese stuff is junk. 

Same as not all American, English, or Japanese is quality. 

1 hour ago, vizman said:

It’s a switch not a parachute.

Has nowt to do with quality, or lack there of. It's a personal preference. I would rather my $ not go to china, and will expect to pay more for an alternative that doesn't involve using chinese parts.

15 hours ago, slayer61 said:

Has nowt to do with quality, or lack there of. It's a personal preference. I would rather my $ not go to china, and will expect to pay more for an alternative that doesn't involve using chinese parts.

Don't know about over in the USA but over here UK you see a lot of sellers selling the Chinese stuff for 3x the amount, so just because you pay more from a local dealer dose not mean your money is not going to China. ;) 

For example I got a QA throttle from China payed about £6 with post, the same QA throttle for a English seller £80 

The Chinese are still getting there money just the local buyer is getting ripped off by the local seller.

Chinese factories make stuff to the price dictated by their customers: if they want good quality stuff, then fine, but it costs more. When western tight-wads are faced with a choice of paying more for a quality item they tend to go for the cheap shite that breaks in 5 min. The landfills are full of this shit but don't blame the Chinese for supplying us with the crap our consumer choices over the last 40 years have driven.

• Like 5