Gs500 twin into gs750

Welcome Skaterdave to OSS.  Please take time to familiarise yourself with your surroundings and also take time to RTFR. After that pop down to General Chat and introduce yourself nice and proper like, as you've been a little rude and not done so.  Message ends.:tu

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 109Countries said:

I agree with Wraith. You would have such a large frame, with such a small engine. It would look like one of those 250CC choppers. Perhaps FB market place or craigslist has a parts bike with a larger engine? I picked up a GS650GL pulled for $100.

You can got b6 motors over here (uk) for next to nothing or a good oil cooled 750 for around £200 ish

Edited by wraith
Phone lol
  • Like 1

In answer to the original question, the GS500E twin is very different to a GS750.

I think there was a four cylinder GS500  from the late 70's which was a sleeved down version of the GS550 but that has different engine mounts from the GS750 too. 

If you really want to put a GS500 engine in the 750 frame it'd be a pretty simple job making the engine mounts.