Carb boot and charging

Gmsdnga

2 questions after researching the forum-

My harness running my 99 750 has no light hooked up. Is there some reason associated with this for my battery not charging properly?

Second, what are the part numbers needed for a 99 750 GSXF running 38mms from a GSXR? 

I currently run modified boots for my 36s which is a mix of 110 and 130/140

51 minutes ago, Dezza said:

If you look at the top of the oil cooled section you may find the information you require in the stickies:).

I read your article, well put together. A lot of the lingo I am not familiar with though. Your notes on the 98+ had question marks so I was not sure. But do you guys have a better site than Eblag for ordering the rubbers? It has been hit or miss for myself with them. I am ready to cad/3d print a better set.

Edited by Gmsdnga

Which rubbers? To fit BST 38s I know you can use the rubbers from a GSXR 750L or M. These are very expensive new from Suzuki and are getting expensive secondhand if you can find a set. I have a spare set but they are for my next project but once you have 50 posts you could put a wanted ad up here. I got a set this way a couple of years back.

• Like 1

Maybe I am just lost in the lingo. I have rubbers that have the numbers printed backwards and funky offsets. FedEx pulled a fast one on me today and still did not deliver my 38mms they have had in town since Friday.

Whenever they are delivered I will have more info.  I do have a question on these carbs arriving. I run 130 mains, 32.5 idle and depending on the dune altitude, I move my clips to get 12.8 AFR on my wideband. Can you tell from this link, what mains and idles will probably be in these? Also, what is the tube that runs from the bowl to the top on each carb?? I do not have this on my 32 and 36's. Also, I have the cad files for the rubbers and will be 3d printing a few with different angles to give me more filter space. Thanks for the help!

image.thumb.png.22b1a20d87b1feca0816d00247796761.png

image.thumb.png.8dc3e2e7f14c48d4c8af973ce441ff28.png

Edited by Gmsdnga

No, I have no idea re. jetting. BST 38s a very tall so do not be surprised if you have clearance issues. OEM Suzuki rubbers have the part number on them. For matched sets, they have a 1 to 4 sequence in the part number which corresponds to the cylinder the rubber goes on. This is obvious when examined together. If you have OEM rubbers from a 750 L or M, these are pretty short and bring the carbs close to the cylinder head.

Also, are you 100% sure those carbs come off an oilcooled model? They look very similar to the 750W BST 38s. If so the spacings are different.

Edited by Dezza
On 10/27/2020 at 3:02 AM, Dezza said:

No, I have no idea re. jetting. BST 38s a very tall so do not be surprised if you have clearance issues. OEM Suzuki rubbers have the part number on them. For matched sets, they have a 1 to 4 sequence in the part number which corresponds to the cylinder the rubber goes on. This is obvious when examined together. If you have OEM rubbers from a 750 L or M, these are pretty short and bring the carbs close to the cylinder head.

Also, are you 100% sure those carbs come off an oilcooled model? They look very similar to the 750W BST 38s. If so the spacings are different.

You are very correct, I will have to cut and tig the support hoop to clear the height of the 38's. The spacing is the same 77/93/77 as my 36s though. The had 116 mains in them.