Gs750 gearing issues

Hi my gs750 77 runs standard sprockets 15-41 630. But is seriously under geared, I can cruise around town in 5th almost down to walking pace & still pull away and when out on the open Rd it is so painful cruising at 60mph it is screaming it's head off! So I've gone to 16t on front it helps but not changed much. Is it possible that the gearbox has gears from another model : smaller engine with different ratios?

15/41 is taller gearing than say a standard GSXR1100 which came with 15/48 if my memory is correct! Anything that is less than 3/1 is considered long geared! Are you still using the stock wheels and tyre combination? Smaller dia wheels will lower overall gearing! What do you consider 'screaming its head off' revs as it may be perfectly normal?

On 10/24/2020 at 9:20 AM, Gixer1460 said:

15/41 is taller gearing than say a standard GSXR1100 which came with 15/48 if my memory is correct! Anything that is less than 3/1 is considered long geared! Are you still using the stock wheels and tyre combination? Smaller dia wheels will lower overall gearing! What do you consider 'screaming its head off' revs as it may be perfectly normal?

Well I can pull away 3rd gear with very little effort.