Brake caliper springs help

RickLee

You can do better than that at the dealer parts counter.   Do you have a Suzuki dealer nearby?  Don't expect them to have parts for your bike in stock, but they are connected to the entire Suzuki parts network.  My local dealer has online parts ordering with free in-store pick-up.  There's also a few dealerships out there who specialize in online parts sales, and their prices tend to be lower but they charge shipping. 

Here's an example:

https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3ff8ef8700230d8b4dfb4/rear-caripers

1 hour ago, Poldark said:

You can do better than that at the dealer parts counter.   Do you have a Suzuki dealer nearby?  Don't expect them to have parts for your bike in stock, but they are connected to the entire Suzuki parts network.  My local dealer has online parts ordering with free in-store pick-up.  There's also a few dealerships out there who specialize in online parts sales, and their prices tend to be lower but they charge shipping. 

Here's an example:

https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3ff8ef8700230d8b4dfb4/rear-caripers

That website is surely Japanese based, with direct phonetic translationsO.o I'll get me coat......

Brakes are finished. Appear to be working fine as it sits.  Got the springs at my “local” Suzuki Dealer  6.00 x 2. Only had to drive 60 miles there and 60 miles back with 2 pieces of sprung wire in my pocket.  Took a look at the new Suzuki’s in their showroom...  very nice.

3 hours ago, RickLee said:

Brakes are finished. Appear to be working fine as it sits.  Got the springs at my “local” Suzuki Dealer  6.00 x 2. Only had to drive 60 miles there and 60 miles back with 2 pieces of sprung wire in my pocket.  Took a look at the new Suzuki’s in their showroom...  very nice.

I went to the dealer for parts today too, but I didn't have to drive near as far.  I enjoyed looking at the new stuff but it's just not for me; I'd rather acquire some non-running for cheap price and bring it back to life.  Wife and kids were with me; got bombarded with wishes for a 50cc dirt bike or four-wheeler.

• Like 1