New member, gs1100 turbo street bike

1982 gs 1100 turbo

This is a retired bracket bike that ran 9.2 @ 155 mph, 12 pounds boost, pump gas
Body work is all original paint, except front fender  from a 1981 to go with the 81 forks.

Hahn Racecraft turbo kit
1166 , mtc turbo pistons , 8:1 compression
block o ringed and prepped at Schnitz Racing
straight cut primary gear, welded crank

undercut transmission
heavy duty studs
mre lock up clutch
mre air shifter
manual cam chain tensioner

6 inch over calfab swingarm
ZX10 rear wheel

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by ramminjammin
Wrong picture
  • Like 15

Do not agree that the turbo is a "waste of time." The bike actually cruises well, similar to the 72 Cadillac  Eldorado  I once owned. If I want to do more than cruise I have an R1 for that. The gs will get to the track once a year , and whenever the street allows, when the boost hits , it will bring excitement and a smile.

I am 62 years old. When I was in grade 12 , I rode a polished,  ported , denco chambers 1972 H2   "widow maker". That was after experience on dirt bike and s, RD 350 , and S2 350.   I know how to ride within  the limits of what I am riding. This gs will cruise , corner , and stop close to how it came from the factory. Any dragstrip  it will stop from 155 mph  no problem. With  boost on the street pick the time and place.

The bike used to race with  bar , slick ,auto shift ,delay box. I took up sailing and only got to the track once every couple of years. It seemed a shame to let it sit like that . It is quite the head turner.

Edited by ramminjammin
Add info
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, ramminjammin said:

Do not agree that the turbo is a "waste of time." The bike actually cruises well, similar to the 72 Cadillac  Eldorado  I once owned. If I want to do more than cruise I have an R1 for that. The gs will get to the track once a year , and whenever the street allows, when the boost hits , it will bring excitement and a smile.

I am 62 years old. When I was in grade 12 , I rode a polished,  ported , denco chambers 1972 H2   "widow maker". That was after experience on dirt bike and s, RD 350 , and S2 350.   I know how to ride within  the limits of what I am riding. This gs will cruise , corner , and stop close to how it came from the factory. Any dragstrip  it will stop from 155 mph  no problem. With  boost on the street pick the time and place.

The bike used to race with  bar , slick ,auto shift ,delay box. I took up sailing and only got to the track once every couple of years. It seemed a shame to let it sit like that . It is quite the head turner.

Don't let a jovial comment or two yank your chain, you'll soon get the hang of British humour on here.

BTW, I wouldn't bother knob waving riding history/prowess to much, there are speed record holders and race champions lurking about these parts. :D

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

Please tell me that "Timmies" is 1/4 mile from a set of traffic lights on a straight road otherwise having a turbo is a bit of a waste of time.

Timmies is a Canadian institution ..... and we have more than enough straight roads over here ;) basically fit Europe in 1 province

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...