thoughts on slabside swingarm

dirky

hi

just brought a b12 to strip the motor out for my slabby frame project.

i have a slab swingarm but no linkage.  is there a reason so many people swop the arm out for a newer model.

linkages on that site go for a premium so i,d rather put the cash into modding something if thats a better option.

cheers for any thoughts..

If it's a 750 swingarm and you want rid, then I would be interested:).

10 hours ago, dirky said:

hi

just brought a b12 to strip the motor out for my slabby frame project.

i have a slab swingarm but no linkage.  is there a reason so many people swop the arm out for a newer model.

linkages on that site go for a premium so i,d rather put the cash into modding something if thats a better option.

cheers for any thoughts..

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the slabby arm is that you can't get enough ride height to stop the bike touching the fairing down when cornering hard on track especially if you run 17" wheels. 

You can fit different or modified links and longer shocks but the limiting factor is the linkage necking out before you get the ride height you need. I run less sag on the rear to help but it makes the rear unstable under braking.

Some people modify the frame to take a slingshot linkage and arm.

@clivegtohas done a neat mod to the stock slabby link so he can run a slingshot or bandit arm with custom dog bones. Both solutions allow more ride height 

I've also seen people modify the slabbie arm to give more rear ride height but keep the stock linkage.

This is it @dupersuncusing the 7.5 slabby arm linkage but with a different centre enables you to fit alternative swinging arms with dog bones rather than the dog bones been part of the swinging arm. One on the left is standard & the one on the right is one I hade made by a local engineering company. Had to wait a while for it as it had to be specially hardened, to keep the cost down the company that made it waited until they had a batch of other stuff to send of as well. IMG_20201010_190309.thumb.jpg.8bef2e7b3e05ae2013ebe90e93c83b19.jpg