hole distance footpegs mounting

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Lewi said:

I'm not 100% sure on that. If it's aftermarket rearsets you're looking for, it wouldn't be too difficult for somone to fab up a bracket to fit the later gsxr ones

Yes for sure , but how to expain this to German TUV  ( technical control )  where U have discussions about this bracket

this is not original !

Do you have a strength report for the material ?  has this also been official checked ?   Do you have a release from Suzuki ?   are there made test drives with official engeneer ?
For a single report you have to calculate  with costs of € 50,- and more , only to have a chance that one of this fck...  officers will check this  suspicious part without guaranty that U will get OK .  The cost for write this part into papers as road lagal will be another € 150,-. 

And if you are unlucky, a cop of zero clue of matter has doubted the opinion of the TUV and will deprive you of the operating license, means end of trip, put bike on a trailor to bring back home . .

Next is  extraordinary control of a testing organization, whether this is also correct in order to regain the operating license plus administrative costs, of course at your expense.

If one then thinks that in other countries the EC , which is not handled in this way and therefore not the roads paved with corpses of motorcyclists, who died by such things, one hears only " we are not interested, we are in Deustchland and there it is, basta "   

"Thinking of Germany at night I am taken to my sleep" ( Heinrich Heine )

bureaucracy in pure culture

we always look with envy to the UK, where, according to TUV, the roads must be paved with corpses of motorcyclists as they only drive around in the UK with defective vehicles ;)

Of course there are ,as in every bureaucracy, because of appropriate " tips " to reach the goal . xD

A small cutout of 40 years to be a Biker here in our nice country ,  But in Austria I have heard,  it is much more stupid ...

cheers

Uli

4 hours ago, HUM said:

Yes for sure , but how to expain this to German TUV  ( technical control )  where U have discussions about this bracket

this is not original !

Do you have a strength report for the material ?  has this also been official checked ?   Do you have a release from Suzuki ?   are there made test drives with official engeneer ?
For a single report you have to calculate  with costs of € 50,- and more , only to have a chance that one of this fck...  officers will check this  suspicious part without guaranty that U will get OK .  The cost for write this part into papers as road lagal will be another € 150,-. 

And if you are unlucky, a cop of zero clue of matter has doubted the opinion of the TUV and will deprive you of the operating license, means end of trip, put bike on a trailor to bring back home . .

Next is  extraordinary control of a testing organization, whether this is also correct in order to regain the operating license plus administrative costs, of course at your expense.

If one then thinks that in other countries the EC , which is not handled in this way and therefore not the roads paved with corpses of motorcyclists, who died by such things, one hears only " we are not interested, we are in Deustchland and there it is, basta "   

"Thinking of Germany at night I am taken to my sleep" ( Heinrich Heine )

bureaucracy in pure culture

we always look with envy to the UK, where, according to TUV, the roads must be paved with corpses of motorcyclists as they only drive around in the UK with defective vehicles ;)

Of course there are ,as in every bureaucracy, because of appropriate " tips " to reach the goal . xD

A small cutout of 40 years to be a Biker here in our nice country ,  But in Austria I have heard,  it is much more stupid ...

cheers

Uli

I've seen quite a lot about German police and TUV, let's just say i realy like Sweden now.

Can you tell me if i got a bike that is mot'ed in Sweden, can i be pulled over and be refused to leave except for on a trailer?

Because we have different rules.

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

Wow: what could possibly go wrong??O.o:)

Is there any evidence of states without inspection requirements having higher accident rates?  Although some states don't have inspection requirements, they still can  require certain standards for vehicles driven on the public roads.  For example, a police officer can cite a driver for non-functioning lights.  Most vehicle accidents are found to be operator error, not equipment related. 

• Like 1

Here in the states, I have seen it both ways.

When I lived in Missouri in the mid 80's, every vehicle had to pass an inspection of sorts... make sure lights, wipers etc worked. Brakes were serviceable, or within spec. Pour black, toxic fumes out the tailpipe, but was "safe".

Here in California, there is no such test, but we have to pass a tailpipe sniff test for cars & trucks. A complete rolling pile of excriment, but it won't harm the environment any more than allowed.

8 hours ago, HUM said:

But in Austria I have heard,  it is much more stupid ...

it's not stupid, it's well organised. Ordnung muss sein. If you don't like the control freaks, emigrate, like I did (from Holland to Lithuania).

Now please keep it on topic or ze forum TUV will intervene.

Edited by Captain Chaos
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Askamaskinservice said:

I've seen quite a lot about German police and TUV, let's just say i realy like Sweden now.

Can you tell me if i got a bike that is mot'ed in Sweden, can i be pulled over and be refused to leave except for on a trailer?

Because we have different rules.

for sure they do not care about rules in other countries , you are in Germany and you have to keep the German rules , as CC told Ordnung. Muss sein jawoll !!  In Germany u have a Bit Space for negotiations,  if u are clever and if u have the right papers , in Austria they  open first ur wallet 

I would not take the risk to have confrontation with a cop if u have a  modified loud bike which is legal in Sweden , that at the end u can order a trailer .....

For example loud is per se illegal , but if u have the right paper , and the cop accept this paper , 100db  and more can be legal ...   if ur nose is not ok for the cop , u loose .  

Best is not to see this guys and not drive on popular bike roads , as for example b500 in Black Forest , there u can be sure that u are the second winner . 

In 70ies and 80ies was fun to drive a bike here , now it is political target to get bikes from the streets because bikes are loud too fast , bikes have too much accidents,  to drive a bike just for fun is bad for environment, etc. etc.  and such old and loud vehicles we drive should be forbidden.....  that's the background 

Cheers and happy new year

uli

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, Dezza said:

We can tell the UK DoT all this and they can send our annual MOT test to the dustbin of history then:)

No MOT on 2 and 3 wheel vehicles here in France

They've figured thanks to stats that in an accident involving a motorcycle, in like 0.3% of cases it is due to a technical default.

That said we are not allowed to stray from standard at all (in an accident if you're on a bike without the exhaust baffle insurance won't cover you due to a "modified" exhaust system.

But France is also the country of "it's legal if you don't get caught" so xD