Has anyone done this ???

Mouse

Hi 

well been a bit busy the last few days, 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:30 AM, gsx said:

Your gs carrier should bring the chain in by about 4mm compared to a a bandit or gsxr one

Nice one for this  :tu, saved 5mm by using gs carrier, everything else is exactly the same as the bandit one so fits bandit wheel perfectly.

Spent a lot of time measuring old chains as the gs is a 630 pitch and found that there's big (well mm's) differences in the same pitch widthways depending if it is a standard, O ring or X ring chain, need to bare this in mind.

when you convert to a 530 chain a 6mm spacer is supplied to go behind the front sprocket ,

I assume this is for going from the  GS standard 630 pitch ???,  but none of the 530 sprocket and chain kits for a gs i have found mention a spacer, ???.

I need to ring Debben as not a lot on there website (only clothes ) so on my list for tomorrow.

Don't forget to alter sprockets sizes for chain conversion

Yep, not looking forward to this as the wheels are different sizes as well so I think I will wait for some of my hair to grow back before I can pull it out again,  but why would you need to change size if only changing pitch ??, or  is there a knock on effect to the diameter of the sprockets , i.e is a 19 tooth 630 bigger or smaller  than a 19 tooth 530  ??. wont be able to do anything for the next few days as waiting for new top hats to be machined up, but I have a cunning plan to make wheel alignment easier for myself.

Thanks 

Mouse

• 3 months later...