newbie with a efi setup question

• 2 weeks later...

So today I pulled the starter clutch off boy what a mess everything is worn out  as you see its  messed up  going to replace everything and I will have to dress the crank  to get the built up material of of it I can scrap it of with a razor knife  and to think I  thought I messed it up and to find out its been like this for a while . I had to use a puller to get the drive gear off   didn't take much to get it off but i could mot pull it off by hand oh and the stator was loose the three screws that hold it hand come loose. So loose in fact one screw fell out when I pulled the cover off . and one last thing how do I decode the engine number its got a gs1100x-118290 on the case thank you all for the input

20200927_163133.jpg

20200927_163144.jpg

20200927_165757.jpg

20200927_170802.jpg

20200927_170855.jpg

That isn't bad - stop being a girl! Just clean the starter clutch in some petrol / brake cleaner, check the screws fixing it to the rotor and CAREFULLY dress the galling on the crank taper and int. rotor diameter with wet & dry paper, then lap with valve grinding paste - job done. Don't touch the ground surface where the starter clutch rollers run!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just an update got the trigger wheel installed  thanks to Atrru . Got it dialed in using my timing light as I was instructed when to start it and the starter was staying engauged so I shut it down pulled stator cover off to check the starter clutch pulled the rotor off all looked okay had to reuse all the starter clutch parts . Ordered two different starter clutched and both were wrong the rollers were to big as was the starter wheel not sure what the right name is for it I was told it was an 83 gs1100 but thats not the case then he said he had the 1150 crank in it but I donthink thats right either because it looks like a small taper crank. It really needs new rollers or a new starter clutch. And now it needs a starter because the starter exploded in the inside . Then I will use the nippendenso number off it to get a new one. need to figure out what it really is. It has small rollers 

20201031_191751.jpg

20201031_192130.jpg

20201031_192155.jpg