Head bearings (doing my head in)

Mouse

Hi all

After spending several not so happy hours on the internet to day i have found that year 2000 B6 yokes are not a direct fit into my 78 gs750 (according to allballs) as i hoped.

Rang a local bike shop to ask them gs size and got told they cant (or wont) tell me the size but are happy to sell me some so i can measure  them myself, wow thanks.

Can anyone tell me the sizes of the b6 bearings and also the gs ones so i can try and fine some that fit please or direct me somewhere i can find this out, i tried to find this from allballs site but they only list the size for one bearing for the gs (25x48x15) and none for the B6 at all.

Thank you

Mouse

Hi 

When i was looking on allballs site i saw this 

22 hours ago, 370steve said:

and thought ah that's just for forks and passed it up, went back today and it makes even less sense, on the fork conversion bit it lists 25-48-13 top and 27-48-14 for my year, but if you look in steering bearing kits it says there are two bearings but only gives the size for one of them which is 25-48-15 ???,

They also list all gs from 1977 to 1983 and all model year 600 &1200 bandits as the same top bearing and all bandits as 30-48-12 bottom even though i have a b6 top bearing that is exactley as swiss toni says, toni 1 allballs 0

19 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

25 x 47 x 15 for B6 top bearing only. 

Toni thanks for that (y) they dont list this size at all for any bandit ???, it seems that there site is not that good and i will now have to look elsewhere.

measure your GS bearing seats on frame top and bottom (bearing outside measurement), then measure the stem you want to use top and bottom seats (B6? bearing inside measurement)

then find bearings to match,

allballs thing shows GS750 1978 frame with bandit 600 2000 forks

top bearing = 25 - 48 - 13

bottom bearing = 30 - 48 - 12

Edited by 370steve
  • Like 1

Hi

Can you tell me how you got to this 

22 hours ago, 370steve said:

allballs thing shows GS750 1978 frame with bandit 600 2000 forks

As when i use there site and go to the find fork conversion bearings and put in my frame details all i get is thousands of bearings all different sizes from Aprilla to Yamaha, 

But i think your suggestion is the way to go as i seem to be chasing my arse on this, just need to get the engine out so i can drop the front end out 

you put the details of your frame into the boxes for make, date, model etc , then it brings up a list of all the forks that will fit and the bearings you need to fit them, just scroll down till you find Suzuki GSF600  2000.

it gives you the bearing sizes i have already said with their part No's in blue

top bearing = 25 - 48 - 13

bottom bearing = 30 - 48 - 12