rotor loosening

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Never seen a oil cooled rotor/starter clutch on a air cooled motor, what you doing about the charging system? 

Or is it the much latter water cooled ?

Interesting thinking doing that ;)(y)

I think Arttu did a w/c rotor onto a EFE taper as a charging output upgrade - documented hereabouts?

I did first think oil cooler GSXR but as they don't have rotors I told myself to stop being so dumb LOL!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

I think Arttu did a w/c rotor onto a EFE taper as a charging output upgrade - documented hereabouts?

I did first think oil cooler GSXR but as they don't have rotors I told myself to stop being so dumb LOL!

Have to try and find that sounds interesting. (y)

Yes I was the same thinking oil cooled then the brain kicked in xD

4 hours ago, downtheshed said:

The mod came from Paul Berryman and the Spakat,  gsxr  flywheel and stator 600/750 2007 onwards  ,  thread also on this  site et -flywheel  alternatives.

I'm doing this as it was total loss ignition which is a pain I found .

The gsxr k6 rotor taper is exactly the same as the et taper. It is however slightly shorter so you will need to make a washer to go under the nut or it will not tighten up properly. I fitted mine again just yesterday during yet another rebuild. I used a 4mm thick washer. 

18 hours ago, downtheshed said:

What  torque are you using for the nut,  efe motor , but i don't  have a manual for this engine, and the katana has 2 different torques  100 or 120 lb ft ?

The EF service manual says 160-170Nm. I have had problems to hold the rotor for that torque, especially with the GSX1400 rotor that doesn't have provisions for holder tool. So I have just tightened it with a wrench as far as I can and then "some more" with a rattle gun.