Suzuki GS 750 - Speedo & Tacho replacement

Hariii

Morning Guys, 

i am currently looking for a replacement speedo and tacho for my GS 750 and could really use some help. Tried out the instruments from a CB 550, but the speedo doesn't really work above 120km/h and the tacho shows general wrong numbers. Shame, cause i really like the size and look of these kind of instruments. Does anyone of you may know similar ones, which do function on the GS 750? I don't care about the brand, but i would prefer old ones that just do their job.

Thank you very much in advance. 

Harald

13 minutes ago, mark35gun said:

GS 750 ones?? would be a good start, FFS dont put hodna ones on.

If you cant get any originals something suzuki of a similar age should work, gs 1000, 850, 650, 550, same with early gsx range

post an ad in wanted, i'd be surprised if someone on here hasn't got something suitable

Why not? I really like their finish and they work quite well on my Gurls blouse. FFS, i don't care about your irrational Gurls blouse hate and will use whatever fits my taste. 

But thanks anyway for the tips. The GS 750 have no outer shell and i don't have the abilitys to make one. 
Additionally i should mention that i  want two single units and not one whole unit like the original GS 750 cockpit. I prefer a clean, minimalistic look without a ton of plastic.
Cheers

I

51 minutes ago, mark35gun said:

O Dear......

A, because they are hodna,

B, because you said they didn't work 

Yeah, and i would use them without any doubt if they did work. I really can't understand the hate towards this brand, but well, not my problem. 

54 minutes ago, wraith said:

Like @mark35gun says any of the GS range will work, just look for the L model as that being the more custom type they have two separate clock's with (if you want it) the idiot light in a separate console in the centre ;)

Thanks wraith! Do you know if the instruments from the GS 450 may work? Speedo yeah, but the tacho? They can also be used as single units und look simple but nice. 

• Like 1

If the tacho was electronic no, as it's worm drive I would think so but can't say 100% as I've never done the swap.

Maybe it's something best starting a new thread on in air cooled ;)

As for the ho##a bit, it's a OSS thing, it's in the forum name ;) but can't say much as my ga1000 has a ho##a rear end xD

Edited by wraith
Add a bit
  • Like 2

If you want to use them then that's entirely up to you, seems a shame though on a classic suzuki when there are very similar type instruments from the suzuki stable that  will  fit and work correctly, as  @wraith has said the GS L models, are very similar to the ones you like, and not be out of place. 

But that as i have said is up to you, you did ask for help in your first post!

Comments are not borne of hate for the other makes, i know what will fit, work correctly and look right IMO only :tu

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wraith said:

If the tacho was electronic no, as it's worm drive I would think so but can't say 100% as I've never done the swap.

Maybe it's something best starting a new thread on in air cooled ;)

As for the ho##a bit, it's a OSS thing, it's in the forum name ;) but can't say much as my ga1000 has a ho##a rear end xD

No no, of course it's worm driven :) Just asking cause i found an offer in germany. On the other hand i also just found something from a 650 Katana (also worm driven).

Yeah, i just don't get why the people here, who are on the hand so nice and always ready too help, on the other hand nearly get an heart attack when i mention ho##da. ;) That's something i will probably never understand, cause i love bikes from all types of brands. 

1 hour ago, mark35gun said:

If you want to use them then that's entirely up to you, seems a shame though on a classic suzuki when there are very similar type instruments from the suzuki stable that  will  fit and work correctly, as  @wraith has said the GS L models, are very similar to the ones you like, and not be out of place. 

But that as i have said is up to you, you did ask for help in your first post!

Comments are not borne of hate for the other makes, i know what will fit, work correctly and look right IMO only :tu

Yeah the thing is that i just couldn't find any single good looking instruments from suzuki.  The tip with the GS 650 L is great, but they are quite rare it seems. Can't find anything for now. Except the instruments from the GS 450 (which "only" go up to 200km/h) and the instruments from a 650 Katana. 

• Like 1