Too nice to butcher? 750L.

eddiegsx

Evening all, managed to bag this little gem a couple of weeks ago with a plan to throw an 1100 motor in it.

Trouble is I've had a good look at it and to be honest it's pretty standard give or take a few minor bits so I'm in two minds about pulling stuff apart.

On top of that is the fact I had a sit on it when I got it home, as you do, Christ it's cramped for my 57 year old 6ft 3, 15 stone frame, thought I'd dislocated my hip.. had one when I was 35 seemed comfy enough then.

So for the foreseeable I'll tidy up a few bits, clean the carbs( usual problem) then see if I shrink by next spring!!

IMG_20200823_202656.jpg

IMG_20200823_202708.jpg

• Like 4

Just to add, the original and main reason for going with the 1100 motor route was it's a German import therefore restricted power.

Does anyone know where they build in the restrictions for this model pls? As I've said I'd rather keep it as close to original as poss so if it's easy enough to de restrict I'll stick with the 750 for the time being mainly due to the fact I've got so much other shit on the go to last me a lifetime. Cheers.

16 minutes ago, SiBag said:

That is rather nice. It would be a shame to pull it to bits.

Thanks, my thoughts as well. 

Opinions are devided when it comes to oss, some will say leave it as it is then there's the rip it to bits side! I'm a bit in the middle so I always end up cofususing myselfO.o

Edited by eddiegsx
Error
  • Like 2

Hi.

I did this to my '93 boiler :

20200728_125648.thumb.jpg.844b622d7920fb15d33286d60dd1dbc5.jpg

20200728_125700.thumb.jpg.d8f09ce09842745af3a8b0b79fe68a92.jpg

20200803_152047.thumb.jpg.8a99f43930f5a4ebe4fdafd9318b2874.jpg

20200803_173748.thumb.jpg.98890e23191fc16c32fd75756f6d1856.jpg

K8 fork wheels and brakes, rims powdercoated metalflake pink, Nitron race pro shock

Improves the riding, makes for a great resto mod look, is easy to do and very fast to finish as well. Cost is reasonable too.

Seems like your bike is the perfect candidate for such an update

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'm surprised nobody told you yet to buy another one for modifying and keep this one original. 

It's the only right answer. :D

Number of bikes one should own is n+1

n is the number of bikes one currently owns. 

Great idea captain, just one problem with your plan.

That bike is living in my lads unit (temporary arrangement;)) with several boxes of gt250x7 parts.

As for my garage/sheds/lockup, have you seen them cartoons when the structures are so full of life's stuff, mainly bikes and parts, they're bulging under the pressure? That's where I am. 

That's it, no more I've got to :stop:

Well, until I buy more sheds..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

Hi.

I did this to my '93 boiler 

K8 fork wheels and brakes, rims powdercoated metalflake pink, Nitron race pro shock

Improves the riding, makes for a great resto mod look, is easy to do and very fast to finish as well. Cost is reasonable too.

Seems like your bike is the perfect candidate for such an update

I get the idea Joseph, thanks for the input but it still doesn't solve the issue of me walking like Bambi after a ten mile ride..:D

Edited by eddiegsx
Error
8 hours ago, Blubber said:

I believe the carbs tops have an extra studs in them, limiting the lift by basically a hard stop for the slide.

Just unscrew the carb top to check if i got this correct.

info from here

Thanks blubber, I'll check them when I get a chance, I assume it's an easy fix?

The guy I bought it off was under the impression that the restriction was  camshafts. He was led to believe the owner before him had derestricted it by fitting UK cams, gave me some cams (German model????)with a few spares that he had. Now I know otherwise.

IMG_20200824_123406.jpg

Edited by eddiegsx
Add image
4 hours ago, eddiegsx said:

I get the idea Joseph, thanks for the input but it still doesn't solve the issue of me walking like Bambi after a ten mile ride..:D

Fitting aftermarket rearsets that you can adjust to be able to stretch your legs a bit more + I fitted LSL bar risers on my 11R, it would make the position closer to a GSXF for you

• Like 1