Bandit 1200 with gsxr carbs need help

Jakedavis

Hi guys

i have bought a bandit 1200 MK1 that has gsxr 750 carbs (look like 1989 model ones with choke on side). The bike is running very rich black plugs running on tick over, bike will throttle up but cuts out after a while. Looking for advice on jet sizes  it has 37.5 pilot and 102 main running on pods. Changed pilot to 35 and bike has correct mix at tick over but back fires and won’t rev just cuts out. All help accepted don’t have money to get it to a dyno at the moment.The 35 pilot jet I bought has no side holes the 37.5 has 8 would this make a difference

Edited by Jakedavis
2 hours ago, Jakedavis said:

Hi guys

i have bought a bandit 1200 MK1 that has gsxr 750 carbs (look like 1989 model ones with choke on side). The bike is running very rich black plugs running on tick over, bike will throttle up but cuts out after a while. Looking for advice on jet sizes  it has 37.5 pilot and 102 main running on pods. Changed pilot to 35 and bike has correct mix at tick over but back fires and won’t rev just cuts out. All help accepted don’t have money to get it to a dyno at the moment.The 35 pilot jet I bought has no side holes the 37.5 has 8 would this make a difference

Hi Jake, RTFR then try some 140 main jets for a good starting point with pod filters.