Clutch slave cylinder id

wraith

On 8/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, Dezza said:

Interesting: I did not know that the piston diameter varies among the slave cylinders for different models. Changing slaves could then help produce a clutch with a lighter pull/greater movement of the pushrod depending on the intended application:)

Just because my brain is not working xD witch one would give the greater movement etc?

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Just because my brain is not working xD witch one would give the greater movement etc?

Keeping the same master cylinder: smaller slave = more movement at the lever for the same movement at the slave, with a lighter action; larger slave = less movement at the lever for the same movement at the slave and with a a firmer action. Same trade-off as with brakes re: the relative sizes of master cylinders when keeping the same calipers.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

fixed it for accuracy :)

Yes, this is true: fitting a smaller diameter slave makes the clutch action at the lever lighter but more prone to drag.

What is needed is to know the OEM diameters of clutch master cylinders/slave cylinders for each model, and to then see if the size ratio is associated with spring or diaphram clutch:)

• Like 1