gsx 750/1100

As to your clock problem, why not get the top and bottom covers cut some plate to the same international size, get say gsxr Speedo/taco cut two round holes in the plate mount clock's and cover plate in say carbon fibre stick on sheet ;) gsx600f gen1 clock's are the smallest clock's I've seen by the way

• Like 1

front end/ back end differences are irrelevant because they will be changed for something modern,  its the physical size between the two that is more important in terms of fitting of parts, i know what will fit the 1100, and if the 750 is the same size then using one wont present any unforeseen  problems, interesting topic though for ideas/inspiration

21 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

What? The 1100 engine has a completely different design basis to the 750 - they share being 4 cylinders with 4v/cylinder, nothing else is common bar some bolt on bits! Different electrics / loom and I think the forks are different but don't know for a fact!

Perhaps I spoke too quickly before getting the facts.  I recently acquired a 1982 GSX750 (GS750E here in the US) and I'm working on it to get it running.  As I look for parts, I'm finding quite a few parts in common between the 750 and the 1100.  I don't have access to an 1100 model for comparison, but the photos I've seen look very similar.  Thank you for clearing that up.

Now we are way off topic. 

I could be way off base here xD but one thing that is very different between the two frames are the engine mounts lower frame.

Has anybody got a 750? Can't remember what he goes by but pete750et son has could he take some sizes and I can compare to the 1100 frame or @imago have you a 1100 and 750? To compare?

1 hour ago, wraith said:

I could be way off base here xD but one thing that is very different between the two frames are the engine mounts lower frame.

Has anybody got a 750? Can't remember what he goes by but pete750et son has could he take some sizes and I can compare to the 1100 frame or @imago have you a 1100 and 750? To compare?

I only have 1100s so I can't help with a comparison between the two I'm afraid.

I do have a completely bare and unmolested 1100 frame if any measurements or photos of the frame are required though.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2020 at 7:24 PM, wraith said:

Yes the lower mounts are slightly different, the 1100 engine lower mount hole sits just in front of the frame lugs on the 750 frame instead of sitting in the middle of the two lugs. So easy enough to make new plates.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2020 at 1:11 PM, Poldark said:

Perhaps I spoke too quickly before getting the facts.  I recently acquired a 1982 GSX750 (GS750E here in the US) and I'm working on it to get it running.  As I look for parts, I'm finding quite a few parts in common between the 750 and the 1100.  I don't have access to an 1100 model for comparison, but the photos I've seen look very similar.  Thank you for clearing that up.

Now we are way off topic. 

are you talking about one of these ? 

1077685446_Iowa_NC-008jpg.jpg.2617c6cb9571ec0f9e3113b6e9ba4707.jpg

On 8/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, wraith said:

As to your clock problem, why not get the top and bottom covers cut some plate to the same international size, get say gsxr Speedo/taco cut two round holes in the plate mount clock's and cover plate in say carbon fibre stick on sheet ;) gsx600f gen1 clock's are the smallest clock's I've seen by the way

thats my line of thinking, but using the standard et face with the innards removed and something else electronic in the place of the mechanicals

• Like 2
On 8/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, Duckndive said:

I agree just looking for clarification as model description varies so much between uk and us models ....9_9

Maybe it was intentional to get motorcycle riders in different English speaking countries to argue with  each other?   It doesn't make sense to give the same model different designations in different markets. 

I really like the styling of the mid-80's Suzuki air cooled motorcycles; they were the air cooled model fully evolved.  We just don't see many here in the US. 

On 8/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, mark35gun said:

sorry, i should have been more specific, et uk model, early 80's, the one before the efe, although there was i think a ex model of the same period but i don't know of the differences between that and the et??

No sure anyone did, e,ex,et but then the ez was also known as an e :v

On 8/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, mark35gun said:

thats my line of thinking, but using the standard et face with the innards removed and something else electronic in the place of the mechanicals

his is a set im just doing, et clocks with efe electronic tacho, just need to slit and put a red blob on end of tacho needle to match

fullsizeoutput_8a9.jpeg

• Like 1