Gs1150 cams

Curt

As predicted:

Hi and welcome to OSS.

Please take the time to introduce yourself... 

Doesnt need to be a lenghty one.... some pointers to give you some direction:

- Whats the intented use for the drag motor?

- How did you get it?

And please post some pictures of said bike ... Assuming you found the rules and the definitions on OSS (y)

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

As predicted:

Hi and welcome to OSS.

Please take the time to introduce yourself... 

Doesnt need to be a lenghty one.... some pointers to give you some direction:

- Whats the intented use for the drag motor?

- How did you get it?

And please post some pictures of said bike ... Assuming you found the rules and the definitions on OSS (y)

2134B836-7A2A-4F05-B689-5559835DF3E0.thumb.jpeg.e10e25a847d23481cdb351d6b0548b32.jpegNW suburbs is where I live . 1/4 racing at a small track in Wisconsin. Been playing with bikes for 50 years. Bought this one in Texas. Sold the previous one to the old guy in the picture. Working on making this one faster. I’ll read the rules in just a minute...

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess at CMC possibly being Cam Motion Cams ? They look a bit second hand but not tooooo bad. I'm also guessing those bores have had a long life to get that shiny - i've seen 50k mile engines with less polish and still having hone marks visible! But what going on with that cam chain? Looks like a GSXR one has been used instead of a GSX one LOL!

I just learned CWC (Campbell, Wyant and Cannon, Foundry Company now CWC-Textron)  is the foundry that casts camshaft blanks and other engine components for many factories worldwide but mainly for the US. Probably all aftermarket Suzuki cams are marked with CWC.
The other cast-in markings (EP71, D4, C3, etc) refer to the blank only (probably meaning "Suzuki GS1100", IN or EX cam, etc). The thing to look for are stamped markings in the cam ends that should point out the "grind number" and perhaps will identify the manufacturer as well.

I appreciate the responses. The chain was just rest so I could make sure my pin count was correct and my arrow was at gasket surface. The holes in the piston were from the adjuster screw wandering. Also no markings on cam ends. I’ll have to do some measuring. I’m going to spray nitrous until I get an acceptable time out of this piggy. 

7 hours ago, Blubber said:

So... it must have fell during service and without a sparkplug installed.

Or a random bolt/nut or gravel pellet sucked in via the carbs.. (note the lack of any air filtration).

Btw I wonder what damage there is on the head and valves..

All I can tell you is I went to adjust the valves and found 3 adjuster screws in the cam valley. The problem was 4 were missing. I dropped the oil pan, fished around in the cam chain valley and never found the screw. Piston #3 sure looks like it was bouncing around and imbedded it in the top of the piston. Anyway... the damn thing is too slow. I'm collecting the parts to put a 10 bottle and monster jets and see how fast I can go before it goes boom.I think the frame is good for 8.50s. Turning down launch rpm so I don't spin the tire. The previous owner said he got 1.12 60 foots out of this with 250 horse power. He has told me a couple fibs before...But a nice guy.

Curt