Hugger on a twin shock ?

Or how to suppress spray from my gsx750ex this winter.  Idly trying to test fit a b12 hugger on it and it just wouldn't sit anywhere near right .  Someone must have done something like this , or is it just me concerned with everything getting stupidly filthy.  Lots of Devon roads act like rivers in the winter might get some wellies and goretex ffs 

7 hours ago, richyrich said:

Someone must have done something like this , or is it just me concerned with everything getting stupidly filthy.  Lots of Devon roads act like rivers in the winter might get some wellies and goretex ffs 

Er - No! Bikes pre monoshock era never had huggers, probably for the very reasons you've found. The underseats were roughly moulded, roughly wheel shaped, to deflect most of the muck - directly into the electrics usually ! ! ! LOL. But if you are intent on using a bike during winter in the UK - either (A) budget for a scrapper daily that you don't care about or (B) invest in hosepipe / power washer and use it everytime you go out . . . . . . which gets old very quickly and makes you think option A was a better plan!

I modified a ZXR750 hugger to fit onto the XJR swingarm in my GSX750EX (now Katana).

skizzokat-hugger-2.jpg

skizzokat-hugger-1.jpg

I merged the Kawasaki hugger with the XJR chain guard (bolts on top!) that belongs to this swingarm and already has a cutout relief for the LH shock

Hardly a stock bike or easy fix, but still a twin shock setup with a hugger. Perhaps you can get some inspiration from my efforts (steal my idea) for your bike?

• Like 4

Dezza I like your thinking I went for option 3,  move home closer to the Job .  The bike gets cleaned for Mot if it's lucky , always seems a shame to wash off a year's worth of waxoil ! 

Arnout , that is a good job !  So you just trimmed a relief into the hugger to fit right. Hmmmm I wonder what hugger is a good match for a gsx1100 swinger with 4.5 , 17 " wheel , anyone have ideas ? 

19 hours ago, richyrich said:

Arnout , that is a good job !  So you just trimmed a relief into the hugger to fit right. Hmmmm I wonder what hugger is a good match for a gsx1100 swinger with 4.5 , 17 " wheel , anyone have ideas ? 

Thnx!  Errr.. No not just trimming a relief for the shock. The ZXR hugger I used has a chain tunnel from which I cut the outer part off. I attached the remaining edge to the XJR chain guard, which I trimmed in height so both parts would sit flush on top of the swingarm. Also added an alloy strip inside guard to strengthen especially the shock cutout area. To attach the hugger to this swingarm on the RH-side I made a simple L-shaped bracket that lines up with existing mounting holes.