Hi everyone. My name is Tiny, I live near York and I am in the middle of triking a V reg GS850. I’ve rewired “Old Skool” ( Trikes name) and taken out electric start, wiring harness and rewired using minimal wiring and 3 inline fuses. All the electrics are minimal, ie; lights, horn, indicators. I want to run on points only but am having a hard time sourcing the parts. I bought a points plate and advance plate off Eblag but it came with no advance weights and springs. Am looking for the whole kit and caboodle if any of you nice people could help. Any help would be gratefully received. Am having to go on 3 wheels because of disability and refuse to be delegated to 4 wheels!! 

Whilst a points set-up may sound 'minimalist' it can present more aggro than its worth! Wasn't the 850 fitted with solid state electronic trigger and ignition from the factory? If so, and you want to get rid of extra boxes, i'd fit a Dyna 'S' system - all fits behind the ign. cover and 4 wires to coils and that's it! You'll still need the ATU for advance but they are tried and tested on 'older' GS & GSX type engines.

Edited by Gixer1460

I definitely don’t want to go on the cdi/electronic ignition route. Am used to points and love “tinkering” anyway. Apart from that it came as a basket case with no sign of a cdi unit anyway. To tell the truth I know nothing about cdis and wouldn’t know how to wire it up as I won’t be running with the led displays, neutral light etc. There is 4 wires (blue green yellow black. I think the yellow and the black go to earth but not too sure. 

Edited by Tiny1958
Update
Just now, Tiny1958 said:

Thank you Blubber. Hoping all you luvverly people will let this old duffer  pick your brains!

You are in luck.... most of the people are old enough to know ignition points and setting them with rice papers.

Trouble is with these old farts experienced people... details do tend to get lost due to ....age

PS. don't rush the 50 posts by hitting the reply button to each comment.; 

Give your trike its own Project page,  that will speed up your post count with useful posts ;)

you know.... 'cos we are worth it.... flaunts hair ( i am bold ) but you get the picture 

Also which one :)

I've always liked the one with the young Charley Sheen xD

As to your wires according to the manual

Blue = ignitor

Green = ignitor

Black = left indicator

Yellow = high beam

But if the green is a light green that's the right indicator.

And if the blue is a light blue that goes to the turn signal relay.