Iwo Jima Fuel Pump

Rsk_141

Have just turned my attention to this project and with all these things I just  pull them apart and put back just the things It needs or I like . And the fuel pump I can't see the benefit, have the gsf model got them

The tap is above the carb level was going to junk the pump and fit a pingle I read the Mk1 gsf one fits

2 hours ago, Rsk_141 said:

Have just turned my attention to this project and with all these things I just  pull them apart and put back just the things It needs or I like . And the fuel pump I can't see the benefit, have the gsf model got them

The tap is above the carb level was going to junk the pump and fit a pingle I read the Mk1 gsf one fits

You dont need to spend pingle money $$$    good info here ref replacement tap 

Cheers for the link All good stuff will bypass pump and fit  the Fazer tap to see how many liters I have left in the tank, and I'll take it from there .

Könnten Sie Mir bitte eine Link zu einer Kopie Des Handbuchs schicken?

Regards

Gary

Ah see the problem now the carbs are fed from below (see pic)IMG_20200720_124315682.thumb.jpg.93118a0cbb7c8489d37ef3f83ef44b8a.jpg

When you lift the rail I don't clear intake (see pic)

15952457838152525474141656447826.thumb.jpg.25303093dbca38b50f9dc0b98cd8e655.jpg

So would have to split carbs and replace fuel T pieces 

15952458403366565529453617031827.thumb.jpg.ed9c75fe41b766a963eeb4610a617b6b.jpg

For a gravity fed system that has to make a rise it will all be about pressure, a  2 meter drop from tank to out put will give you a pressure of 0.2 bar,  around 2.9 psi so 300mm will give you 0.03 bar around 0.04 psi which i Would imagine why the fitted a pump .

10 hours ago, Rsk_141 said:

For a gravity fed system that has to make a rise it will all be about pressure, a  2 meter drop from tank to out put will give you a pressure of 0.2 bar,  around 2.9 psi so 300mm will give you 0.03 bar around 0.04 psi which i Would imagine why the fitted a pump .

What? If the tank is above the carbs the only pressure you are dealing with is atmospheric which will be virtually equal measured at the surface of the fuel in the tank and at the fuel level in the float bowls. Pumps are only required when the float bowls of a carb will be above fuel level in the tank or gravity flow is marginal ie. levels are nearly equal ! The carbs in my daily have a pump as they sit within the tank shell and for half the capacity of the tank the level is below the float bowls!

• Like 1

what like the first picture where the fuel rail is below the carbs float bowls . If this is not the case, what would you suggest the reason they fitted a fuel pump on the zuma 1200, too many fuel pump in the stores, and there was a stock check coming up? Perhaps .

Who knows !

• 1 year later...