Cylinder head o-ring seals 1052 vs 1127

crow

Hi chaps

The o-rings that go around 6 of the head studs between barrel and head - anyone know if 1127 seals will work with a 1052 barrel?

My barrel is bored out to 78mm (1109cc), so the 1127 head gasket fits otherwise but won't go over the o-ring seals.

Cheaper and quicker to get the later model seals rather than a specific big bore head gasket, I just don't know if they will seal, e.g. if the head stud holes are bigger on the 1052?

Cheers!

IMG_20200717_105428.jpg

IMG_20200717_105439.jpg

56 minutes ago, Dezza said:

All I know is those seals cost 6 quid each, which is just ridiculous. Has anyone found a generic alternative to the OEM seals?

£8.29 these days! Still cheaper than a head gasket though. The newer version is over moulded onto a metal piece, doubt theres anything generic like that

Yes 2 different sizes, 15mm and 17mm on SACS engines. 15mm for bandit and slingshot, 17mm for slabbys.

For example, thats why an 1166 gasket is never sold as an 1186 gasket even though both gaskets are for an 80mm bore. All because the seal hole sizes are different  on 1052 and 1127 barrels.