front brake upgrade

The Tokico 6-pots which are mounted on many Suzukis and Kawasakis are not an upgrade. They need more maintenance, are more difficult to bleed, cost more but don't perform better than the Nissin 4-pots on your GSX-R. The stock Slingshot brakes are very good if maintained correctly.

Nissin 6-pots (Kwak ZX7RR for example) are better but more difficult to find. And also a straight fit.

• Like 1

As an aside (probably) and apologies if irrelevant. I had my 750 Slabbie calipers rebuilt and then fitted with Brembo Sintered pads (from Bike torque https://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/buy/brembo-brembo-sa-sintered-road-brake-pads/07su06sa.htm#eq1) mated to a spares pile 19mm brembo radial M/C (possibly knockoff I've had it that long and originally bought s/h from teabay) .  Took a while to bleed up into a firm(ish) lever but when tested at the last MOT the tester chap commented it scored the highest he'd seen on the brake rollers in his memory  I think he was more suprised given age of the old girl. The feel from the front brakes is the best of all my rides the current shed holds and the modulation is lovely, though I suspect a panic stop would have it standing on its nose if the tyre has grip available so not something you just want to bang on full pull pressure.

Edited by Macduff
fat fingers
  • Like 2