Steering Stem differences?

Are the Slabby & Slingshot steering stems identical?... I know the whole front end fits on complete... been there... done that... & on fiches they only list the whole bottom tree so can’t see if part numbers match... tried the search function... just wondering if there are any differences between the two Actual stems Side by side... wanting to fit a completely different front end (Buell) & wondering what’s the best stem to use for my 750F frame !!  :)

Cheers :tu

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, clivegto said:

I bought a adjustable stem from Harris for my Magnum 2. 

@clivegtoyeah, that may well be an option for me at a later date as I have a set of Harris adjustable yokes but I think these are for a Hondu or a Yumahaha as they are a different width between the fork legs. I have a near complete GSXR1000 front end and want to get this on the bike first to get it back on its wheels. At a later date I will play with the Harris yokes , with GSXR1000 forks, wheel and spacers to try and get it to fit. 

I thought the gsxr slingshot stem was a bit to short when I was fitting k9 forks & yokes to the Magnum 2, but @caferacerdanfitted one to his Magnum 2. I used a b12 stem which is a little longer. Moved the C clip groove up the shaft a bit knurled it as it's a bit slack then made a spacor to go under the top yoke to take the slack up. Ended up fitting K5 forks with Harris adjustable super bike yokes. It's in the thread Swirls Harris what I did. IMG_20201018_153849.thumb.jpg.8e22ce0730210812c019fa58ed734fd0.jpgIMG_20201018_153909.thumb.jpg.7357bf98e05cf96725adecfce8cab35c.jpgIMG_20201018_153919.thumb.jpg.e98831d3f39cdf94866373383f620cd5.jpg

I used a TL stem and yokes in mine and fit straight in with a bearing swap :) then used gsxr k5 forks and brakes with an srad 600 wheel

When I got my slabby it was using a triumph front end but the stem looked and measured very similar to a slingshot one so i assumed someone pressed a slingy stem into the slabby yokes...the stem measured just shy of 20cm from top of bottom yoke to the bottom of the threads above the top bearing

• 3 weeks later...