Carb problems I've had enough

paddle

Hi guys and girls this problem with my 1200 inazuma is doing me in.statred it tonight very reluctant then start then for ten minutes it was bellowing out a smoke and petrol smell strange thing it  was ticking over just fine and revved up fine but the smoke smelled so rich  I've just replaced the carb needles with genuine suzuki items just last week,and when I turn it off petrol is oozing from the back of number 2 carb.is there anyone on here who can rebuild carbs and test them I got three other projects on the go that all will need rebuild kits  I'm a man on the edge >:(

Well got home from work went in the garage total chaos air box full of fuel,cylinders full of fuel,and sump full of fuel with that much leakage the fuel tap must be faulty.I have ordered a repair kit plus an extra stand alone hi flow vacuum fuel valve plus a set of genuine suzuki float valves as when I checked the originals they all had a wear ring in the rubber cone and the little sprung loaded post on a couple was getting stuck.lets hope I've got it sorted 

From experience you want to have a tank above the carbs to replicate the pressure from the tank with gravity / pressure.

I did a small fuel test and the needle and seat where fine, I put a lawn mower tank hanging above the carbs filled with gas and they leaked.

Edited by Dukeman
  • 3 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dukeman said:

From experience you want to have a tank above the carbs to replicate the pressure from the tank with gravity / pressure.

I did a small fuel test and the needle and seat where fine, I put a lawn mower tank hanging above the carbs filled with gas and they leaked.

How did you fix?