Gsxr750f rear seat cowl mystery

Hello to all,

i have a question that’s been bugging me for some time,I have a rear seat cowl for my slabbie,it doesn’t have any fittings on it.

does anybody know how these are mounted? I can see there is a possibility of using the rear seat fitting but that would mean visible 

bolts/screws on the outside of the cowl which I don’t really want.some assistance on this would be appreciated 

OP; you have a 2-piece seat (they were used in 1985, maybe early 86), and you should use a cowl that replaces the rear half of the seat. Later models used a 1-piece seat, and used the kind of cowl shown on Clive''s photo above. Cheaper to manufacture for sure, but less good-looking IMHO.

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsxr750-1985-f-e01-2-4-6-15-16-17-18-21-22-24-25-34-39-53_model13570/partslist/FIG-40.html#.Xv4zyWm5mdM

Edited by Nik
  • Like 1

Thank you for your input,mine is definitely the same as clivegto’s one,with holes in the sides,I guess it’s the recycling bin for that then! 
looks like I’ve got the wrong one for mine1985 so will not be fitting it.

the seat pad on it is purple too,the mind boggles!

Edited by Bantiy76
Add on
15 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think they're on another 'puter, which is suffering from 'The Blue Screen of Death!' If I get it running, I'll post them up. Meanwhile, why don't you check @fibermanout in the Traders section!(y)

It sounds like the computer is banjexed. You will be able to retrieve the data by removing the hard drive, fitting this to a drive caddy, and then using another machine to access the old hard drive. Put the old computer bits on Eblag: you'll be amazed what old computer tekky bits people will buy and it saves sending them to landfill:)

• Like 1

Yeah I bet! Not looking forward to paying up but it’s the way I’ve always wanted it to be finished,will keep the mrs away also

does anyone know where the wiring loom is supposed to be? Mine is going directly in front of my fuel tap,it’s in a really shit position! 

Here's a pic of  the original cowl on my 1 pc seat '87 .   I bought this 750 off the original owner (a high school buddy)  and  oem restored it (it was in pretty bad shape) .  My seat is black but the cowl pad that was shipped with the bike when new is a dark blue. Back in '87 My buddy tried getting Suzuki  to correct the issue and kept getting jerked around and finally just gave up.  Been looking for a nice black  cowl pad for many years, I doubt i'll ever find one. 

DSCF1136.jpg