Pod filters

paddle

I'm in the process of transplanting a 750m engine in my blandit 6 project I'm going to run on pod filters I expect I will have to mess around with the jetting the 38s I'm using have dyno jet kit fitted.which filters do you guys recomend seem a few different ones on the market 

Thanks  

Most would go for the K&N twin pod filters or if you're short on room Ram air filters ever single one per carb or twin pod type, but I believe you will need the air box link rubbers (stacks) for the twins.

had bad experience with the cheep ones before, there is a lot of the cheep ones on that site of bay that are the wright size (60mm) but then state are for 125-250cc. Sometimes you just say you get what you pay for ;)

I'm running K&N on my 750 M with no issues. Dynojet Stage 1 with 120 mains. Stock header and custom mid pipe with fresh packed Vance and Hines Supersport.  Dyna 2000 ignition. Bike runs great and jetting was set up using an Autometer wideband O2. Idles at 14.5, revs at 14.0 loaded. Ran the same pods on my previous 1100 N. Same basic mods. No issues.

Edited by Captn
Punctuation
9 hours ago, Captn said:

jetting was set up using an Autometer wideband O2. Idles at 14.5, revs at 14.0 loaded.

That 14:1 figure is not far off stoichiometric ratio @14.7 which although ok for cruise mode is pretty lean on power / under load - I'd err towards 13.6 - 13.2:1 for max power / safety!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

That 14:1 figure is not far off stoichiometric ratio @14.7 which although ok for cruise mode is pretty lean on power / under load - I'd err towards 13.6 - 13.2:1 for max power / safety!

Thanks for the input. I may change jetting a bit more and see how it feels. Sure would be nice to have a dyno to really nail down the A/F ratio to HP gains. That info really intrigues my tiny mind. As of lately that bike is more garage art than anything.

Edited by Captn
Added info