Clutch GSX 1100 F doesn't disengage when warm

When motor is cold, the clutch engages and disengages perfectly. 

But, when it's warm, the clutch doesn't fully disengage, in the sense that when I stand still, I can't get it into neutral gear - when trying from 1. gear, it pops directly to 2. gear and vice versa...
(And yes, I HAVE read the fucking manual - but, no help here!)... :D

So, anybody have at clue what's going on?...

20 hours ago, wraith said:

Basket mite be notched or a warped steel plate ? 

Well, I also have an unpleasant feeling that something is worn out. But, before taking it apart I would check if any of you guys had similar experiences.

For example, sometimes clutch and gearbox problems on older machines can be solved just by using a different oil...

The 1100F has a hydraulic clutch I think, it's worth bleeding some new dot 4/4.1 fluid through the system to remove any air/water in the fluid - the slave cylinder doesn't move the clutch rod that far, so anything that reduces the movement can cause the clutch not to disengage. Clutches tend to get grabby when hot to make things worse. Worth flushing the old fluid through before you go any further.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Oilyspanner said:

The 1100F has a hydraulic clutch I think, it's worth bleeding some new dot 4/4.1 fluid through the system to remove any air/water in the fluid - the slave cylinder doesn't move the clutch rod that far, so anything that reduces the movement can cause the clutch not to disengage. Clutches tend to get grabby when hot to make things worse. Worth flushing the old fluid through before you go any further.

Thanks mate - I'll give it a go in this direction before dismantling the clutch. (y)

• Like 1

It may be the clutch, but the purging of the fluid is a quick and easy thing to do - CliveGTO's  - gunked up inside the cover is another good one to check, nice and easy to resolve - if one of those works then happy days ! …… if not it will be time to open the clutch case and taking the clutch apart - even that's not too bad, just the clutch basket holding tool and the centre nut are tricky, the rest is easy enough - if it is the clutch, then at least the actuation side has been serviced !

• Like 1
On 7/1/2020 at 10:12 AM, Oilyspanner said:

It may be the clutch, but the purging of the fluid is a quick and easy thing to do - CliveGTO's  - gunked up inside the cover is another good one to check, nice and easy to resolve - if one of those works then happy days ! …… if not it will be time to open the clutch case and taking the clutch apart - even that's not too bad, just the clutch basket holding tool and the centre nut are tricky, the rest is easy enough - if it is the clutch, then at least the actuation side has been serviced !

Clutch pushrod has been cleaned from all the (very much) nasty and sticky stuff, hydraulic has been flushed though completely...problem still occurs (clutch dismantling, here we go)... :D

1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Steel Basket not prone to wear....but hub could be worn "ali" 

Didn't say inner or outer basket just basket ;) and both inner and outer are Ali ;) outer just had steel ring, would you like a pic through my window clutch cover xD

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Didn't say inner or outer basket just basket ;) and both inner and outer are Ali ;) outer just had steel ring, would you like a pic through my window clutch cover xD

Yes

Both My powerscreem motors had steel baskets oooh well every days a skool day 

https://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx/gsx1100f/fj-fr-1988-1994.htm?vehicle_id=27#!gsx1100fclutch

Edited by Duckndive
1 hour ago, wraith said:

Being a pedant ! ! ! Only the outer is a basket - the inner piece is a hub ! LOL! Sounds like you have one of those wanky Blandit type baskets - Ali with steel band, wear prone and weaker if subjected to significant power increase.