1100 et/ex engine cases?

imago

I have a complete running et engine with some damage to the cases. Typical ham fisted stuff, a few stripped threads, a piece broken off of the clutch cable mounting, a piece from one side of one of the pick up cover threaded holes etc. 

There are three options:-

1) Try and get the cases repaired. Build up and re-cut or drill as required.

2) Try to find replacement cases.

3) Bin the cases and keep the rest for spares.

How feasible are 1 and 2?

1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

1) will most likely cost less than 2) which its self could have issues ...

Pretty much what I was think to be honest. Second hand cases (if they come up) would no doubt be stupid money now, there's been a noticeable increase in the prices of bits and bikes recently,. I've never been that impressed with the repairs I've seen in the past, but things move on so thought I'd ask in case some new alchemy was available.

Parts it will be then, after a suitable period of maturing on the rack naturally. xD

If that's all there is I don't think its to bad. The worst is the clutch cable mount, just need to find a COMPETENT welder, as for the pickup cover bolt issue try using chemical metal, devcon or similar . The rest are  a job for helicoils . Hope this is some help. Good luck.