1100 k fork seals

dago

Am I right in thinking that I could just undo the damper bolt at the bottom and remove the seal clips I could just pull the lower leg off to change the seals without all the faf of dismantling the lot, usually run a seal mate cleaning thing round but not worked this time cheers

If you are changing the seals I don't see how cutting any corners is going to offer much or any advantage. The 1100K has pretty unsophisticated forks: loosen the top cap, undo the damper retaining bolt at the bottom of the slider (often easier said than done, especially if you do not have access to an impact gun or airtools), remove top cap and spring, and then remove the dust cover and circlip at the top of the seal and use the stanction as a slide hammer to remove the seal and bush. You can then dismantle the fork completely, clean all the old oil out and put it all back together with new seals. It's not rocket surgery:)

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...