Inazuma mods

Naim

Hi guys,

Finally I managed to fit my RS36 Mikuni's on my Inazuma 1200. I'm still facing some issues, hope for assistance from those more experienced than me:-)

1. At high speed/rpms the fuel feed seems to be a problem, Is this possibile that the fuel cock has unsufficent flow? If so, can anyone recommend a fuel valve that can be used instead of factory one?

2. Another issue is the clutch, I observed that it was slipping from time to time especially when changing gears on high rpms. I decided to change the whole set for EBC pads recommended for sport use. Unfortunately the problem still exists, after using new pads. When changing gears without clutch it doesn't slip. May this be a problem with hydraulic clutch cylinder?

3. Last thing is the oil temperature. I bought one of these termometers that you put intead of oil cap on clutch cover. What are the reasonable temperature values for these engines. I had around 120 centigrade at top, seems a but too high?

Cheers

10 hours ago, rdubandit said:

P.S. Mine is a 750 frame with a Bandit 1200 engine and an Inazuma 1200 tank.

By the way if you have he stock forks, could you please tell me the length from the fork cap to the center of the spindle hole?

Same as B12 ...775mm uncompressed ....a common least hassle fix on 750s is to fit the B12 legs into the 750 Lowers 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:26 AM, rdubandit said:

Banoffee has good suggestions.  Pingel will fit:

IMG_0716_zpska4czk6n.jpeg

I was just a bit concerned about the Pingel adapter with paper seal instead of rubber as in OEM cock.

BTW do u remember which model and adapter type is for your Inazuma. Unfortunately the application chart doesn't include this model.

Edited by Naim
3 hours ago, Naim said:

I was just a bit concerned about the Pingel adapter with paper seal instead of rubber as in OEM cock.

BTW do u remember which model and adapter type is for your Inazuma. Unfortunately the application chart doesn't include this model.

The Pingel tap is part number 6211-AH and the adapter plate is A-1602C.  Both parts are the same as the Mk 1 Bandit.

3 hours ago, Naim said:

Perfect! Thanks again for help mate. I'll post a pic after assembly :-)

If you were talking about the gasket, any appropriate (petrol-resistant) gasket material.  I also add a dab of Hylomar Advanced Formulation.

P.S. The Pingel adapter comes with a fiber gasket that works fine.

Edited by rdubandit
info added
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...