Slingy or WP modern Swinging arm options ?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Pheasantplucker said:

Well, it was bloody cold out in the shed last night so I waited till this morning, not much better!

32mm between the split mounting and the outside width is 62mm,

the solid mounting on the other side is 60mm wide.

Hope this confirms wether you can use one of these brackets or not, good luck.

81E6492F-1ECA-4521-9F4E-081CB34D8F9A.jpeg

Thanks pal, much appreciated, I'll get in the shed when the rain stops and measure up.

On 12/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, Pheasantplucker said:

Well, it was bloody cold out in the shed last night so I waited till this morning, not much better!

32mm between the split mounting and the outside width is 62mm,

the solid mounting on the other side is 60mm wide.

Hope this confirms wether you can use one of these brackets or not, good luck.

81E6492F-1ECA-4521-9F4E-081CB34D8F9A.jpeg Can you please measure the distance between the two mounting holes on the flat plate please and the distance from these to the  round pivot mounts roughly please?

• 6 months later...

I thought it would be good to finalise the thread and show the finished setup.

I rode the bike for a while with the Busa Arm, and all other parts GSXR WP except for homemade dog bones.  It was apparent straight away that the suspension was way too hard even with the shock preload took all the way off, it would bounce me out of the seat over any bumps and made the ride much more front end down.

So I bit the bullet and bought one of Dans bottom brackets and during trial fitting it was obvious that the bottom linkage wouldn't fit so I bought a Busa linkage and then bought the parts to make adjustable dog bones as I was sick of making non adjustable ones and having to make new ones when the height wasn't quite correct.

So its all now together, but I can't road test it yet as the new linkage is in the way of the exhaust routing, so currently looking for someone to make me a new link pipe.

here are the comparison pictures;

1 - standard WP rear end

2 - new arm, with standard bracket

3 - new arm, with standard bracket and one off dogbones

4 - new angle with dans bracket

5  - linkage now in the way of the exhaust

5.JPG

4.JPG

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 minute ago, NorthernBloke said:

I thought it would be good to finalise the thread and show the finished setup.

I rode the bike for a while with the Busa Arm, and all other parts GSXR WP except for homemade dog bones.  It was apparent straight away that the suspension was way too hard even with the shock preload took all the way off, it would bounce me out of the seat over any bumps and made the ride much more front end down.

So I bit the bullet and bought one of Dans bottom brackets and during trial fitting it was obvious that the bottom linkage wouldn't fit so I bought a Busa linkage and then bought the parts to make adjustable dog bones as I was sick of making non adjustable ones and having to make new ones when the height wasn't quite correct.

So its all now together, but I can't road test it yet as the new linkage is in the way of the exhaust routing, so currently looking for someone to make me a new link pipe.

here are the comparison pictures;

1 - standard WP rear end

2 - new arm, with standard bracket

3 - new arm, with standard bracket and one off dogbones

4 - new angle with dans bracket

5  - linkage now in the way of the exhaust

5.JPG

4.JPG

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

After all that the pictures came out in the wrong order, but I'm sure you can work out the correct order.

• 1 month later...

Finally finished ( well for this summer at least )   Update, I've had a custom link pipe made for the exhaust now so I've been able to ride it for the first time with Dan's suspension bracket and with the Busa bottom link and my adjustable dog bones. The transformation is great I now have working rear suspension that cushions bumps and no longer bounces me out of the seat and tips me forward onto the tank.

I;ve also saved a few kilos by dumping the horrible old exhaust can and pipe so it's a win win, working suspension, less weight and a nicer exhaust note to boot, here are the pics.

new linkage.JPG

new linkage 1.JPG

new Harris exhaust.JPG

• Like 5
  • 6 months later...