Quick-Shifter for DYNA 2000 Programable Ignition?

Hi Everymore,

I want to add a quick-shifter to my DYNA 2000 programable ignition on my GSX-R7/11 OC (and possibly my 7/11 WC too). It is a track only bike and I intend to run a race harness. Any ideas, personal experiences welcome. I am reaching out to all the manufacturers I can find too. There is info on air-shifters and systems for drag-racing, that's not my thing, I like corners.

Cheers,

Neil

Ideas?

Some want to press a button to shift up.

Some want to press a button and shift down

Some want both... like a racing simulator

Others want to actuate the shiftlever at a certain / fixed rpm..like launch control.

Some want to cut the ignition temporarily when you operate the shift lever by foot...

Somehow people call all of the above quick shifter...  

- what do you want it to do?

Makes it easier to get advice

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Get a standalone quickshifter - the Dyna 2000 kill is active while the lever microswitch is tripped and until it returns to its resting position so not very quick!

I wasn’t planning to use the switch itself, just the trigger wire. Stand alone seems to be a good option, I quite like the HMQUICKSHIFTER models and translogic have been around for a while. Healtech looks a bit gimmicky, but worth a look I guess. 

2 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Look at ignitech.  They do a little strain guage that fits in the shift rod.

Not sure if it'll work with the dyna2000.

For 170euro you can buy a proper programmable ignition and quickshifter from Ignitech.

Bung the dyna2000 on Eblag to pay for it.

Never heard of ignitech before today. And I’m not sure if I want to try their system? I have used DYNA stuff for years with no problems. I will probably go for a stand-alone system 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, dupersunc said:

Look at ignitech.  They do a little strain guage that fits in the shift rod.

Not sure if it'll work with the dyna2000.

For 170euro you can buy a proper programmable ignition and quickshifter from Ignitech.

Bung the dyna2000 on Eblag to pay for it.

They micro switch type Dunc.

Good to know you've tried them, cheaper them HM strain I've used but they are dam good.

I did some research last week and I have bought a Translogic TLS-QSX-C-DCS, this is a 2 channel ECU and this kit is for motorcycles with 2x dual coil packs. You can chose either push or pull operation, needs no setting up (but can be adjusted if you want to) and one thing that no other supplier do, the kit comes with everything (no hidden costs). Their technical team are very helpful and over the weekend they were still answering my questions. Price is similar to others and the others you need to by rod kits etc. Dynatek were the only other people to get back to me and they gave me a very detailed technical breakdown of how to connect and how a DYNA 2000 works with a quick-shifter etc., they could not provide a quick-shifter themselves but did provide a model from DynoJet. I had a look and it is a universal ECU, separate sensor and separate shift-rods (double the price of the Translogic). A bit of YouTubing and my conclusion of the HealTech system, nice but overly complicated to set-up. HM quick shifters, I got no answer back and they are also more complicated than the Translogic to set-up.