bandit carbs/1100m engine

SFC

ive got an 1100m engine with 36mm bandit 12 carbs fitted,  ram air filters , v&h sidewinder exhaust (baffled) proberbly been asked a million times but here goes , anyone know a working setup as at the moment its running rich with a lot of pops and bangs, think i got 148 mains in at the moment ?? all suggestions appreciated

I'd check what jets you've got SFC, 148 would be a dynojet size, not mikuni, it might have d.jet kit fitted - you can only use their jets with their needle jet and needle, they flow differently to the mikuni jets.Mixing d.j. and mikuni is a nightmare, a real arse ache ! Most running is on pilot and needles - does it run okay at tick-over, low speed cruise and moderate throttle opening and revs ?  Check what jets are in the carbs because that changes any settings given. Mikuni jets have the square in a square logo on them, jets go up in 2.5 sizes (ml per minute) - I think dynojet normally have dj plus numbers on them and sizes go up in twos (based on measured diameters and not flow).

• Like 1

massive thanks to both , will investergate more , was running geat with 12 engine ane yoshi op[en exhauast dur soon ads i put sidewinder on it was a little shit , blew 12 engine and now got 1100m so need to start again

Not sure but the oil pump failed and smashed then dried up me cams. My nos was not on I was just ticking over, heard a cracking noise and switched off when I restarted it started to squeal, took head off , knackered cams . Took sump off and full of trinkets 

Edited by SFC