Exhaust Flanges

Ronny

Anybody know where I can find split header flanges to suit Bandit exhaust? I had to chop mine off, so bad was the steel-ally interaction :| Don’t want to mess about chopping the pipes about, but don’t want to waste an otherwise fine set of headers either... Have looked on the webz, but can only find stuff for German luxo-barges.

Oops, posted this twice cos on first attempt it refused to upload. Sorry, pls delete one of them!

Edited by Captain Chaos
Double post

Sam Baker made some for me recently. It's not clear how Motad pipes went on so you may need the stock collets to use their flanges, so they may not work with the pipe you want to fit. It's a new one on me that the Kawasaki 750/400 split flanges will fit a Suzuki oil-cooled head though. If you get these then please report back how you got on, with pics of course:)

3 hours ago, Dezza said:

Sam Baker made some for me recently. It's not clear how Motad pipes went on so you may need the stock collets to use their flanges, so they may not work with the pipe you want to fit. It's a new one on me that the Kawasaki 750/400 split flanges will fit a Suzuki oil-cooled head though. If you get these then please report back how you got on, with pics of course:)

Hopefully it’ll work! Will report if I get them (y)

wqyEnPA.jpg

Left is ZXR 750 ally split flange, middle is GSX 600F standard flange off an old pipe and right is GPX 750 ally split flange which are exactly the same as the ZXR 750 ones, same casting numbers and everything.

seMHGO6.jpg

GSX 600 F flange sat on top of ZXR 750 one. The hole size and spacing is the same for the exhaust studs/bolts. The only difference is the hole in the steel GSXF flange is a fraction bigger than the Kawasaki flange. I tried them on my Motad GSXR 750 pipe and they fit the pipes fine. The reason I ended up searching for split flanges was because my Motad has the bent cast flanges from overtightening.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ade said:

wqyEnPA.jpg

Left is ZXR 750 ally split flange, middle is GSX 600F standard flange off an old pipe and right is GPX 750 ally split flange which are exactly the same as the ZXR 750 ones, same casting numbers and everything.

seMHGO6.jpg

GSX 600 F flange sat on top of ZXR 750 one. The hole size and spacing is the same for the exhaust studs/bolts. The only difference is the hole in the steel GSXF flange is a fraction bigger than the Kawasaki flange. I tried them on my Motad GSXR 750 pipe and they fit the pipes fine. The reason I ended up searching for split flanges was because my Motad has the bent cast flanges from overtightening.

Happy days! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that mate, much appreciated (y)(y)(y)