Gsxr exhaust fitment

Hi again everyone, would anyone know by any chance if a full exhaust system from a 89 1100 fit  on a 91 1100? The numbers on the silencers are one digit different mine are 41c0 and the 89 are 40c0, also are the headers the same? Thanks in advance much appreciated as always

Fitting is no problem as dimension wise they're the same. As I remember the headers and collectors are the same, the 1100 m/n (41c model)  had altered silencers internally, maybe to work with the big 40mm cv carbs. When I first got my 1100n it had one 40c silencer and one 41c, the performance was fairly smooth but it can't have made more than 110hp - at the time there were rumours that 40c silencers didn't work well with the 41c bike, this may be inaccurate - but certainly my bike wasn't very impressive with a mix of cans - also I don't know how the 40c (k/l) performs with 41c cans, or a mix of. One thing I do know is that when I fitted an after market system it felt 50% more powerful and a lot lighter - I liked the look of the twin cans to start with, but I prefer what the bike offers with a decent system. The uk bikes had restrictive silencers and when new made 116 to 118 rwhp - with unrestricted market silencers the k and l made 6 to 10hp more and the m/n more than that - performance bikes put some usa silencers on an 1100n in 1992 and it made a little over 130 hp and 83 ft/lb of torque - this was a good example, they vary.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the info, very informative, I have the chance to buy a really good original full system from an 89 as I am putting mine back to original, I still have my original silencers so maybe i can just use the headers as the ones that are on are horrible. Thanks again

• Like 1