Turbo B12

I've been thinking about a turbo Bandit 1200 build. Here's what I have in mind- Bandit block bored to accept stock gen1 Hyabusa pistons and rods. Requisite block spacer to achieve approx. 10.5:1 compression with Dot head. 30/27 valves good springs and retainers. GSXR 1100 cams and Proboost Fi race Bandit turbo kit. Any thoughts?

Hmmmm! not without serious engine management (fuel and more importantly ignition) and charge cooling cos that boost is certainly getting to the limits of even 98 octane pump fuel without intercooling / charge cooling IMO. Do you want approx 250-280hp in a Bandit......numbers are nice - practicality is sometimes better!

• Like 1

I understand all of that, this will be strictly a drag bike. I will be running a Dyna 2000 ign. So i should be able to work out a good retard curve and fuel will be VP C16. I'm just curious about wether or not the Hayabusa rods and pistons will be a viable route to take.

Edited by mcguire1205

Busa rods shouldn't be a problem at that power but pistons won't like it - I wouldn't trust them as they fail in Busa's @ sub 300hp and that is with proper ECU engine management! With carbs and a Dyna it'd be risky - A dyna 2000 won't give any retard 'curve' - it just drops a set figure from whatever the programmed advance curve is at that point.

• Like 1

Busa rods shouldn't be a problem at that power but pistons won't like it - I wouldn't trust them as they fail in Busa's @ sub 300hp and that is with proper ECU engine management! With carbs and a Dyna it'd be risky - A dyna 2000 won't give any retard 'curve' - it just drops a set figure from whatever the programmed advance curve is at that point.

i run a draw thrù. Dyna 2000 and a prèssuŕe switch in plenum.38 degree ignition 12 degree retard on boost. Dyna 2000 has 4.8.10..12. 16 retard 

• Like 1