Gsx swingarm

Kenneth

• 3 months later...

Hey

I still have no exact information if I can mount a GSXR 1100 or Bandit 1200 swingarm in my 85er EF frame. I do not know how to solve this with the redirection. The Suspenstion system from the EF is very different. It's important that my 5.5x17 wheel fits the 180 Tire.

7 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Depends which way you want to go. Stay with the monoshock, or go twin shocks?

Just read your first post again. I see you want to stay twin shock. With a B12 arm, you'll need top hats to take the swinging arm spindle diameter down, (assuming 750 & 1100 frames are same width at 'arm mounting point). Otherwise 'arm may need mods. Get weld on lower shock mounts from Lucky 7, find a nice man who can weld, and away you go. As said before, a std. Kat/1100ET arm will fit with no mods, take a 160 no bother, or a 180 with a bit 'massaging'. Only going by my experience, as a 180 rubs against the stiffening webs on the inside of the arm. 

• 5 months later...

So to resurrect this thread, an 1100 et alu swinger goes in a 750et frame?-same spindle and bearings? My mock-up  is just loosely held in with a random spindle at the moment so if I just need to get a 14mm spindle turned up it will be easy- or is it a bearing swap also?

Edited by R1guy