Gsx swingarm

Kenneth

you dont need to swap the swingarm. you can get a 160 or a 180 in the stock swingarm. altrnatively, you can buy weld on ally lugs for welding to the swingarm of your choice to allow you to keep it twin shock. i fitted zzr kawaski wheels to my kat with the stock swingarm and a 180 tyre on the back and had no clearance issues.

has your et got a steel or an alloy swingarm?

• Like 2

I doubt it's expensive for postage. Just seems that ebayers don't like posting to Ireland.

The bandit swinger I got was in UK and it was £5 postage.

I have this account with "parcel motel" which makes it easy and cheap to get stuff from UK to Ireland. The postcode for this is  BT36 4PE  

So all the UK sender does is drop it to post office and send to parcel motel with my address.

How much would you want for one of your kat swinger if you would sell? 

aye but there are 180's and there are 180s! i used a zzr600 rim with metz rennsport tyre, sticky as fook but short life, but i bought them part used from a roundy roundy racer with one meeting on them for 25 quid apiece so wasnt too concerned. i used zzr600 wheels, the rear i used the suzuki spindle and got new bearings to fit the suzuki spindle into the kawasaki hub, the bearing in the cush drive i left as it was a huge thing with a top hat spacer in it which i just drilled out to take the suzuki spindle, other than a couple of spacers and drilling out the kawasaki caliper hanger to fit the suzuki spindle it all went in ok. i got a new rear sprocket (530 pitch iirc) that had a lip on it fitting thislet me move the rer sprocket in about 2mm, at the front i ground the teeth and about 10mm off a worn out original 630 pitch sprocket, leaving me a splined spacer, i then used this to space out the front sprocket enough to line up the chain run. i actually welded it to a new 530 front giving me a much wider contact on the splined shaft and it all lined up. no tyre clearance or chain clearance issues. i will look for some pics though im not sure if i still have them.

• Like 1

I have a rear swinger from a GSX1200 Inazuma in my katana, going to put a 170 tyre on there because it gives the chain more clearance, so won't have any chain run problems, and still have a fat tyre.
Also have an aircooled 1100 with stock swingarm, also going to use an 170 because the 180 that is in there runs against the chain and the frame..

Batman Slapping Robin 2.jpg

• 2 years later...