How to remove rear wheel GSX-1100-G

Hello. I have a 91 GSX-1100-G. The valve stem on the rear wheel recently developed a leak. I tried to replace it with the wheel still attached, but ended up dropping the new valve stem inside the tire. What does it take to remove the wheel? What size sockets will I need? Thanks! 

12 hours ago, oneviking said:

Hello. I have a 91 GSX-1100-G. The valve stem on the rear wheel recently developed a leak. I tried to replace it with the wheel still attached, but ended up dropping the new valve stem inside the tire. What does it take to remove the wheel? What size sockets will I need? Thanks! 

Don't the manual say something about tying a piece of cotton round the valve ? In case it falls into the tyre as in this case ??

In this case ever a main dealer who can pick the bike up then when it's fixed sell it for him.

Welcome to OSS by the way xD we do like taking the puss

PS the spanner is the thing that goes on the nut the flat thing is a screwdriver ;)

Edited by wraith
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, wraith said:

In this case ever a main dealer who can pick the bike up then when it's fixed sell it for him.

Welcome to OSS by the way xD we do like taking the puss

PS the spanner is the thing that goes on the nut the flat thing is a screwdriver ;)

But what is that weird.. L shaped thingy.? I have a similar set but that is a J shaped set?

:P