gsx 750 and questions

Hello people! 

I have read this site for last ten years and now is time for a first post. 

I started this project nine years ago and finally i have place to continue it. 

This is my project and i have few questions. 

I have - 80 gsx 750 and i have changed newer model head to it. I think its ef model. Because head dont have oil channels inside, i have done oil lines that goes from oil pressure clock to cylinder head. 

Is this good place to rob oil to the cylinder head? 

I blocked cylinders oil channels. 

I put few photos, as bike is current state. 

-Antti

IMG_20200611_093702.jpg

IMG_20200611_093604.jpg

IMG_20200611_093623.jpg

IMG_20200611_093739.jpg

Edited by Antti_pee
Typo
  • Like 3

Not 100% sure since I'm not that familiar with 750 engines but I think you are taking unfiltered oil to the head now. If the engine is similar than a 1100 there should be a blanking plug on right side just behind the cylinder block. That's the main oil gallery that originally supplies the head and crank. So that would be a good place to connect the external oil lines.

2 hours ago, Arttu said:

Not 100% sure since I'm not that familiar with 750 engines but I think you are taking unfiltered oil to the head now. If the engine is similar than a 1100 there should be a blanking plug on right side just behind the cylinder block. That's the main oil gallery that originally supplies the head and crank. So that would be a good place to connect the external oil lines.

Heres few pic of it, does it look similar than 1100 engine? 

Did you mean  bolt on the right side of the upper picture? 

IMG_20200612_094734.jpg

IMG_20200612_095016.jpg

3 hours ago, Arttu said:

The plug would be on the side of the engine, above the ignition timing cover. I can't see from the pic if there is one on your engine.

Here's a oil circulation diagram of the 1100 engine for reference. The plug is inside the green circle.

kuva.thumb.png.bc29949ae36c012cdc01b90f4dca1e1a.png

Thanks arttu! 

image.png.a10c908d59a46a5d4ffcdbb8aa93d08e.png

The pressure switch port in the oil filter cover is unfiltered so don't attach it there, the picture shows the plug for the main oil gallery (red arrow) which could work, I don't know where the oil restrictors (orifice) would be on the later engine but one should be used.

image.thumb.png.2acdd95708259bf347d853515adbf052.png

On 6/13/2020 at 9:23 AM, jameskat said:

I don't know where the oil restrictors (orifice) would be on the later engine but one should be used.

They are usually in the top case next to the stud they pass oil up - we used to tap them out and fit a grub screw to block off. Never knew the 750 EF's had external lines to the head - obviously a precursor to the head cooling set-up as on GSXR's! The GSX750 pump should be good for pressure - engine has shell bearings - but how much to restrict to the top end ? I think i'd rather flow too much than not enough - if it helps LOL!

Edited by Gixer1460