Exhaust compatibility B12

Pauly

Next on the shopping list is a pipe for the Bandit lump ( before I make the mounts to fit it into the Kat frame).

Questions.....will the Kat (750) pipe fit/ work/ be any good? Do later GSXRs (2000 on) fit? -sort of, no chance?

Dont really want std down pipes, although would do for mock up/engine positioning.

Thanks in advance for the replies (again)

paul

I believe the standard air cooled zorst ports are bigger than the oil cooled 40mm gasket on oil 44mm on air. So the headers may not fit the ports but if you have the air cooled zorst try it ;)

Gsxr750 zorst will fit the bandit 12 but very close/ hit the sump pre water cooled (2000) 

You can fit gsxr1000k1-k2 but you will need extended pipes/sleeves made up there's a diagram for this in my gsx1157et project thread. But most if not all water cooled zorsts won't fit the oil cooled.

Edited by wraith

still working on my 7/ kat with the oil cooled motor my harris pipes from the air cooled engine were to big but i did have the 4 into 2 from the gsx so i cut the ends of both and the gsx pieces slid perfectly into the harris pipes lined up and tacked removed welded and tidy up job done

• Like 1