Slabby tanks?

50 minutes ago, p4ddy said:

You've already said in a previous thread it has the larger fuel tap hole so it's an 1100 H/j tank.  

So the previous thread about my 44mm tap was for a GS1000 tank.

The other thread was about a stripped thread where i didn't mention size, didn't know there were 2 sizes on Slabby tanks as well!

1 hour ago, CockneyRick said:

So the previous thread about my 44mm tap was for a GS1000 tank.

The other thread was about a stripped thread where i didn't mention size, didn't know there were 2 sizes on Slabby tanks as well!

Yes, regular and vacume. I found out by buying a standard 750 tap then finding it was too small. So bought a pattern 1100 one and run on prime all the time as I've never gotten round to running a vacuum from the vm29's 

Edited by p4ddy
25 minutes ago, davecara said:

Thats an 1100 tank by the looks of it. The smallest ones I know of are 17ltr USA market 750G but they *might* have also been on the JDM 750f.

Theres 3 capacites that I've found and at least 4 designs

Are all the 750 and 1100 slabside tanks interchangable so they each would fit either a 750 or an 1100 frame?

Can of worm this is. Picture is of my limited edition tank, note the raised area around the filler cap. As far as I am aware all the different shape tanks were fitted to both 750 & 1100 depending on the market at the time IMG_20200607_152743.thumb.jpg.5e75394441c4b7ec26242abdc1d8eaa5.jpgIMG_20200607_152758.thumb.jpg.ff618912f397b33bfec28ed1cb0cc125.jpg& as has been said different taps on some. 

On 6/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, davecara said:

Thats an 1100 tank by the looks of it. The smallest ones I know of are 17ltr USA market 750G but they *might* have also been on the JDM 750f.

Theres 3 capacites that I've found and at least 4 designs

3 sizes!? Was there ever a smaller tank than the 85 (on some markets in 86 too) flat tank? 

Edited by Nik
5 hours ago, Nik said:

3 sizes!? Was there ever a smaller tank than the 85 (on some markets in 86 too) flat tank? 

From discussions I’ve had with a random Japanese man in Hamamatsu, Tim Davies and a few gnarly beardy people from the 80’s, there was a 17ltr a 19ltr and a 22ltr.

im still hunting out info though so don’t t air that to the bank. There will be an article for the vault in time!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, clivegto said:

To look at them the black one is bigger around the filler cap. 

Sorry to bother you Clive, but isn't that just an illusion? This is very interesting, and since you have the tanks available for side-by-side comparisons, it would be great to compare the actual measurements, not just the visual impression. Just to clarify, I am talking about the black/gold vs the white/blue tanks, and I presume you don't count the fake endurance filller edge protrusion as an added volume in itself.  

If you actually measure them, are they different? 

I have tried to gather facts on the various tank variants for many years, and I'd also like to ask; does anybody here know what was different with the E22 (West Germany) tank?