Boost controller

Gents,

I'm looking for a boost controller, I had one with a ball and spring in my car about 10 years ago, and I was very happy with that, I also had a boost controller what was more of a bleed valve, I was not as happy with that.

The ball and spring type goes to the set boost, opens and you have the set boost, the bleed valve goes by far not as fast to the adjusted boost..

So, I'm after the ball and spring type, I have been looking on the net, and it looks like there are more different sorts of controllers.

I find controllers with the ball and spring, but they also have a vent hole..

Anyone here who knows the ins and outs of these controllers?

https://www.Eblag.com.au/itm/ProSport-Manual-Boost-Controller-kit-Blue-PSMBC-BLU/174238257646?hash=item289168d1ee:m:mT1fUADaeQ0qdXdnWBuFIIQ

This is one I'm thinking of.

https://www.Eblag.com.au/itm/Manual-Boost-Controller-By-HDi-With-Ceramic-Ball-Valve-Upgrade-WastegateActuator/350910494939?hash=item51b3e538db:g:8XIAAOxyYTRSZkgF

This looks like something I had, but has a vent hole

All experiences are welcome

Thanks

3 hours ago, Wee Man said:

The top one is almost certainly a bleed valve, the bottom one is the one I'm not too sure about, it has a ball and spring, but also a vent hole.

Does it work like a ball and spring? Or as a bleed valve?

1 hour ago, mick-ne said:

That's almost similar as what I had in my car, they work very well!

The difference between a ball and spring and a bleed valve is time, ball and spring work (depends on turbo size) instantly, bleed valve takes longer to get to full boost.

And that's the thing I'm not sure about with the ball and spring with vent hole.

10 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

The top one is almost certainly a bleed valve, the bottom one is the one I'm not too sure about, it has a ball and spring, but also a vent hole.

Does it work like a ball and spring? Or as a bleed valve?

It works like a ball and spring. It's easy to set up. No boost spikes, holds a steady 14 psi. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

You thought about an electronic one? Ive been using one like this for years, its works really well and can be adjusted easily, even on the move. Turned off it works at standard boost pressure, turn it on and dial in as much boost as you like. Works instantly because it doesnt rely on pressure to operate.

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/193269282046

I did think of it, but I like to keep it simple.

5 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I did think of it, but I like to keep it simple.

They are pretty simple, only a couple of wires really, i found with the mechanical ones i was forever having ti stop to adjust it to right level of boost , never seemed to stay constant, always seem to differ depending on the weather/temperature etc, and  i didnt want long air pipes everywhere  and the potential for leaks/splits so it could be mounted somewhere accesible to adjust on the move. Much easier just having a switch and dial on my dash.

Spose it depends how much you want to mess with boost level