EFE cylinder head gasket leak

Hi all,

I have noticted that my EFE engine is weeping oil from under the cyclinder head on one side. I swapped cylinder heads about 300 miles ago and it was fine for the first 150 miles or so.

I figured that the head bolts would need retightening but they are torqued up to maximum (40 nm). I used a new Cometic gasket and the spray on copper sealant on both sides, and thought I'd made a good job of it. The head I used came from a runnnig bike I broke a few years ago. That was oil tight as I remember.

I am planning to take the head off and take a look.

Any thoughts on what I could have done wrong? Or anything I should look for when I open her up?

Thanks,

Jonny

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

There are 6No. O rings that seal the outer 4 studs and 2No at the front - did you replace these? As oil will be under pressure in these stud cavities so prime leak source.

No I did not. I didn't find any reference to these.

I've just had a look at the fiche and still can't see where they go. Can you tell me where they go?

Thnaks,

Jonny

Edited by Jonny
23 hours ago, johnr said:

did you remember to use the dome headed nuts inside the cam cover and the plain nuts outside? and did you use new copper washers or anneal the old ones?

I got the bolts the right way round but I re-used the washers. Is it likely the oil is getting underneath them?