Carb question katana 816

,After a few years break, I have changed my job and a few weeks ago finally restarted my build, so stand by for more daft questions. I'll see if my build thread is still there, or start a new one.

Meanwhile...

I had my standard 750 carbs ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt a few years ago. They have been empty since and I am guessing I need to have them rebuilt again (my tendency to drop tiny parts means I'd rather someone less cack handed does it).

Before I do though, I thought I'd just ask...

When I put fuel in it leaks out of the overflow pipe. I changed the needle valve o rings and it made no diference. Is that something basic/easily sorted As I said, I assume all the o rings and gaskets have dried up, but I am useless at carbs.

Also, my 750 is now 816. I'm also going to use cone filters. Any ideas about whether I need to change the jetting, if so, to what?

Thanks

Liam

Edited by BigLT
Mistake

Thanks for that. I was posting on my phone from the garage earlier. The pics have disappeared so I will post a couple now.

update - problem solved. Decided to buy new float needle valves and carriers for my 'professionally rebuilt' carbs. Went to change the third one = no needle valve there! 

Edited by BigLT
update
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, BigLT said:

Thanks for that. I was posting on my phone from the garage earlier. The pics have disappeared so I will post a couple now.

update - problem solved. Decided to buy new float needle valves and carriers for my 'professionally rebuilt' carbs. Went to change the third one = no needle valve there! 

Where did you buy the needle valves and carriers from out of interest? Probably going to need to replace the ones in my 750 carbs

I did change the O rings and so it may well have been me!!! Always put my hand up if I may have been a plank (which is most of the time)

The leak was no different before or after I changed the O rings though as they were actually not that bad at all. So the problem was definitely something other than rings in the first place.

Any road, they don't leak now and I know a bit more about carbs than before.

Just need to work out a baseline setting for the jets now...

Edited by BigLT